Site Down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorphene

Not so new Member
Reaction score
It seems lots of people are unable to get onto aps at all tonight, I have only seen africa and almaron on here, although I haven't been here for long. I had several people in chat tell me they were having problems getting in here..anything you can do SJ?

:-(

Yeah - I haven't been able to get on via Bigpond cable for the past 24 hours. I can connect to my work server and access via Optus without a problem.

I can go direct to the ip address of the server, but the name doesn't resolve. Tracert and ping to www.aussiepythons.com fails also. Other sites I have tried work fine. I've cleared my local cache and cookies as well.

At one point, the URL resolved to a web site hosting service (sorry, SJ - don't remember the name) but after that it just fails every time, with a "The Page cannot be displayed" error.

I'd suggest checking with your host, SJ, and see if there's a problem with DNS, although the fact that I can still get on via Optus is puzzling.

When I rang the Bigpond Helldesk, he checked access from his computer and got on ok, and he said he was using the same DNS servers as I was.

Beats the hell out of me, Batman! At least I can still get on, albeit via a roundabout method! :lol:

It'd be really interesting to know which ISP other people who are having difficulties are using..... but then, they won't be reading this, as they can't get on... :shock:

I can only get last forum posts, for about a week now.

sorry

Sorry, Afrofishfingers! It's working again! Looks like Bigpool Helldesk did something right! Yay!

Sorry Afro, just seemed the right thing to do at the time :lol:

its been a couple of days since I've been able to get to the site.
but i can now, so all is good.

Idea

It would appear that users who had the main home page of the site in their favourites were the ones who couldn't get on.

From what I've read, those who had the Forum section bookmarked could still get on, so a suggestion would be to add both pages to your favourites in your browser. Just a thought... :D

I know why you guys had problem, but i am not teling. I had same problem. BLAME JUNIOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back