site ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
is it only members that can read forums or can guests read them as well?

if guests can read them is there a way to stop them or not?

like if you want to read the forums or look at the gallery you have to become a member.

im not saying this in a selfish way but as a sercurity measure

I spose I see what you're saying, but why would someone bother becoming a member if they didn't know the site was worth joining? I'm sure some people would still sign up... but I'm sure it'd cut down on the numbers of new member...

As we don't actually have to prove our identities and we pay no fees, anyone can join our group and say they are whoever they like, so being a member is not a deterent to the 'baddies'. The very nature of the site is open to anyone. Just look at the ratio of views to responses (around 10:1 ish) many many people view much fewer post. It would be interesting to see what proportion of of views are guests and what are members. 8)

:)

8) You know what's going to happen now don't you??? SJ is going to come on and say, "Of COURSE you can see that ratio! You only need to ...." and then we feel like idiots again! :lol: :wink:

If all you are worried about is security there are a few things you should do.
1.Dont put your last name in your membership details.
2.Dont make your surname your nic.
3.Dont give your location exactly.Sydney,Melbourne etc is good enough.
4.If you are going to sell any surplus herps,after anyone contacts you take their name and telephone number then call them back.Chances are if they give you their number(home)then they are legit.

cheers :)

This is all I got for you guys

Number of posts: 1981
Posts per day: 130.53
Number of topics: 164
Topics per day: 10.81
Number of users: 102
Users per day: 6.72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back