Skin Rot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

Hi guys.
I purchased new snake last month and i noticed 5 white spots on his belly.
Looks to me like skin rot. Please have a look at the picture and tell me what you would doo to help heeling and if that is realy bad situation and hard to cure.
Well i paid small money for snake so i should not complain to much. But i would like to help her to get better soon.

Attachments

• 129_3000.jpg
    129_3000.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 91
hi slateman

are the white spots on the side of belly...thats what it looks like in the pic but hard to say.

skin rot is usally underneath but saying that not all the time.

if those white spots are on the side i would say they are from batril injections at a earlyer date.
the thing with batril is it leaves white scales from where the needle is incerted, have been told its a type of scaring. are the spots dry?
skin rot tends to have fluid blisters under the scales or the infected area is moist.

cheers paul.

Thanks Paul I pm to you but you replied quickly to this topic.
Yes the spots ate on the side of belly and looks like they are moist. What is batril in jection?
I think i will take her to vet next week saturday. Hope that if that is skin rot she will be fine till then. She is eating well, just eat 2 rats 2 days ago.

Very hard to see much in the pic slatey, but it looks to me like they are some type of scar...

hi slateman.

batril is a antibiotic injection that has been commonly use for ages., is offen used for things like respitory infections etc.

i have seen the white spots that it leaves behind on many animals including my own and i feel that is what you have there. the fact that its still feeding well should put your mind at ease a little. but by all means let a vet have a look for you..

cheers paul.

Thank you Paul. That mabe explain cheap price of the snake.
Well i love her anywaay, she is so gentle and playfull that i will be happy if she will pass bill of health.

Slateman,
I agree with Paul, looks like Batril injection scaring.
If it is still moist around that area, keep it as clean as you can until the vets looked at it, as it could get infected.
Doesn't sound or look too serious though, great sign that he's feeding well !
Let us know what your vet says.

Cheers,
Neil

LOL Afro. and i hope that last thing will be that all my snakes are in perfect condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back