Skink ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
thought id upload these coz i found them while searching my computer.

They were from Noosa a couple of years ago (sorry if they are a bit blurry)

i was thinking Eulamprus martini but am now leaning more towards Eulamprus Tenuis.
could someone confirm that?

Nick...

SDC14075.jpg

SDC14077.jpg

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards tenuis. Have you got any closer head shots showing the temporal scales?

I'll PM you the link to a picture of Tenuis I found. It looks nearly identical to yours.

Even with headshot of temporal scales would probably still be hard to determine the direction of the overlap unless taken from the right angle. I would lean only towards tenuis because I am led to believe they are slightly more prolific than martini.

No harm in asking, we may get a lucky shot. I was more highlighting a distinguishing ID feature than anything else.

No harm in asking, we may get a lucky shot. I was more highlighting a distinguishing ID feature than anything else.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say asking was wrong at all. Just highlighting the difficulty in distinguishing these from photos.

All good GP, no need to apoligise. I believe we're thinking along the same lines in any case.

I'm leaning towards tenuis, mainly because Ive seen quite a few of them in Noosa, havent seen a martini.

thanks guys,
all the other pics i got are terribly blurry - i took these 3 years ago when i didnt really care about lizards, so this is the best i have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back