skink vent question...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.James

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hot enough for you all? Gotta love A/C!

Question: "Is it normal for a Cyclodomorphus michaeli's vent to stay very much open LONG after its already crapped? never noticed this before and the other skink's seems to be very much shut...???"

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

Cheers
Jimmy

I'll have a guess..she's pregs and bout to give birth!

or..........

Nothing...Its normal and she's just tricking me and getting my hopes up!

Definately something abnormal going on here..Been about 4hrs since I've noticed it and still the same..bit of goo if i pick her up too. Have seperated taken out of enclosure and put into a tub for now and wont be touching her anymore just monitoring..

Anyone?

she may have prolapsed, put her in a shallow dish of sugar water for a while then keep her on damp paper towelling until you can get her to a vet. Pictures would help.

will get pics now and post. thanks channi.

pictures!!

Attachments

• she-oak.. 005.jpg
    she-oak.. 005.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 45
  • she-oak.. 011.jpg
    she-oak.. 011.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 55
Not easy to get photos at this time..very unsettled.

Looks bad?

more photos

Attachments

• she-oak.. 012.jpg
    she-oak.. 012.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 43
  • she-oak.. 006.jpg
    she-oak.. 006.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 40
not looking as bad now..just got worried never seen this before. Now its almost normal again sorta..

This is fun! (talking to myself on this thread.)

Looking much better today but still nothing like the other skink..unless its just scared?? (body reaction?) It does not handle as well as the other. Settles down but the other she-oak you can pick up without any worries.

sorry for dropping out straight away. Did you try the sugar water? looks like a slight prolapse.

No havent tried it yet. What will that do?

The sugar water will reduce the swelling of the prolapsed part & then it should be able to go back in, sorry late night thats about as technical as I get today:lol: I'm not sure if you already planned on it but I think a vet would be the best thing if it's not improving.

ok great, she's in a small cricket container with less than 10mm deep of sugary water.. How long? & what if it drinks the water?

Its looking good, can't see anything anymore. She out and about exlporing. Thanks for those who provided great advice!

Jimmy that is great news, keep an eye on her and if it returns do the same thing and take her to the vet. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back