skinless shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_kid

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi all ur gunna think im a wally after this but i have to ask ive been asking about snake sheding latley because montys skin was really dark and a bit baggy and tonight i had a look at him and his skin was so tight and so much lighter so i assumed he had a shed so i looked in the enclosure very well and i couldnt find it i turned the cage inside out looking for it but no luck so wat im asking is i know sum lizzards eat there skin is this possible with snakes or am i just seeing wat i wan to see

africancichlidau said:
Did you look behind the punctuation marks?

it was worth reading this post just for that remark lmao :)

and i think you drank too much over the weekend jimmy :)

cool! where can I get me a shedless snake?LOL Jimmy the old skin tends to go transluscent and shows the new scales underneath really well, as though it has shed! You'll find your snake will loose the old one in the next couple of days. You Wally!~

soulweaver said:
africancichlidau said:
Did you look behind the punctuation marks?

it was worth reading this post just for that remark lmao :)

and i think you drank too much over the weekend jimmy :)

i agree!!!
it was worth reading the post just for that
afro you made my day

Just saw this thread. I once had a keelback eat its slough, about 24 hours after sloughing it. It's only happened once, weird.

tru. well jimmy, monty just shed yesterday and he didn't hide the skin from me.

I'm guessing it was just a 'mistake', but it ate the whole thing!

My lizards will rip the shedding skin off and then eat it but I have never heard about it happening with snakes.

My coastal carpet is in the the 'white eye' stage at the moment and has been for a day or two so i'm predicting no more than about 36 hours until the sloughing. I'll let you know if i can find it's shed!! i've never heard of a snake eating it's own shed though!!
Ben.

sobrien said:
My lizards will rip the shedding skin off and then eat it but I have never heard about it happening with snakes.

Are their names Goldmember1,2,3 ect??? LOL

"ooh, das a keeper"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back