Slateman in Thailand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I visit Pukhet just recently and look what I find in local markets.
I would appreciate if some reptile expert would tell me what I am handling.
IMG_8956.jpg

IMG_8953.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8952.jpg

Dicco I do have no idea how this reptile find way to Pukhet markets. He was so placid like somebody's pet.

Yes a very beautiful mature male Green Iguana, definitely wouldn't have been on the menu I wouldn't think.

Man i would love one of those as a pet,what an awesome animal!!!

i agree, a mature male green iguana, probably quite old as well by the look of him.

WOW! That is absolutely beautiful. Fantasic shots Slatey but am saddened to see something like that in a market :cry: Bet ya wish you could bring him home?

when I was in Pukhet I went to a snake show and there was this guy who got biten by a cobra about 10 times! there was also a 9m Boa! as well as some snake they called a jumping snake?
You sould try and find it and have a look, It was at a thail kick boxing ring.

A 9m boa? I didn't think they got much over 6m. You sure it was a Boa?

:p

Hix

Thanks for the comments
I was on snake show as well. It is old trick to atract people. The handler is bitten by cobra several times and people get all exited.
Shame is that this cobra have venom glands remooved for this trick.
The show is made for turists.

when I was in Pukhet I went to a snake show and there was this guy who got biten by a cobra about 10 times! there was also a 9m Boa! as well as some snake they called a jumping snake?
You sould try and find it and have a look, It was at a thail kick boxing ring.

it was probably a reticulated python, boas dont get that big. the cobra was definatly a venomoid, or not a cobra at all

That's a huge Iguana! Very nice Slately, you must have had a great time. See any big Retics? Those are my whole reason for wanting to go to S.E. Asia. I want to catch a wild one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back