Slayer ate his first chook!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteyluvsrum

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
slayer my male scrubby ate his first adult chook last night!
took him about 2.5 hours to down it all but it put a decent lump in him.
he looks like a predator in one of the shots with his bottom jaw still dislocated!
amazing to watch, simply amazing!

Last edited:
Wow... hope the blood is chicken blood... How big is that scrubbie enclosure??? Do you move him? And I have been dying to ask, but the once were warriors avatar and the tatts... are you a kiwi??? If so... yay... if not.. also yay... Great shots... great snake... dead chicken....

yes the blood is from chicken, he lives in a 3 m aviary, move only when have too, very grumpy, not kiwi mate, just like movie, yes the chicken was dead before i gave it to him.

I had considered an avairy... was thinking of getting either a dragon or some aboreal species... but I was talked out of it when I saw the spotted.... Don't know if I could handle a scrubbie... especially when it comes to moving them if you have to!

By the way, wasn't asking if the chicken was dead, was stating 'dead chicken' as in stating the obvius.. tho... horrible as it sounds, would have been a fascinating watch (in the wild)

should get one, not all scrubbies are grumpy. they are an awesome python to observe.

He's about 3.5 meters now right? what are you going to feed him when he is twice that size?

Should feed him stray children when he gets bigger...

just a quick question , do ya find chooks give ya snakes water poo, not really diahrea just watery . mine like em but they seem to make a mess .sorry to get a bit off track man that likes rum.

ive heard they do popeye, and with day old chics they recomend to pop their chest and get the yoke out because it can make their poop a bit watery.. among other rare complications.

man, its amazing how a snake can eat something as huge as that...the chicken looked big...lol thx for da pics...

ta exy, pop the chest ahe, aint never feed full size chook , just day olds and young ones with feathers, think ya call em pullets, ta .

my goal when he is fully grown, is to polish off a turkey. seen some yesterday when i bought the chook.
i will find out what the poo turns out to be, cause this is the first adult choock ive feed him. i have feed him small chooks, rats, and guinea pigs and they all come out solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back