Smooth Knob Tail Gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the going rate is for Smooth Knob Tail Geckos (Nephrurus levis)?

There is a guy near me that has some for sale but I'm not sure how much he wants for them yet but I'd like to know that the average price is for them.

Normal price for Levis Levis is $150 for a hatchie. You may pay a little more for a mature male, and you may pay up to twice as much for a nice mature female.

You could also consider the subspecies, Pilbarensis and Occidentalis. They are both a little more expensive, but in some peoples oppinion (including mine) are prettier and more rare. Hatchies usually cost about $250, more for mature specimens.
I have a few young males available at the moment for $200 since I have too many at the moment.

Regular N.l.levis go for $100-$150, and the other two subspecies go for $200-250 as hatchlings.

You will generally pay more from a petshop, as they have more overheards than breeders.

I recognise that pic, much better to buy from there than from a normal petshop, but cheaper and just as good to buy from a private keeper.

$150 for levis levis and around $220 for occis or pilbas but they should start dropping soon.

150 ea for levis levis.230 ea for occidentalis hatchlings.

I have young sexed pairs of occidentalis for 250 ea at the moment.

Occies, levis and pilbriensis aren't selling well atm. I have had some for sale for a fair while.

Occies, levis and pilbriensis aren't selling well atm. I have had some for sale for a fair while.

In my opinion it's pretty simple as to why alot of these geckos don't sell too quickly. There's little demand at this time of year for the regular coloured and patterned knobtail. Most people that know what the go is with Nephrurus have tastes for new and unusual morphs and traits, eg. the patternless form, 'skittle' coloured animals etc etc.

Also, if your a newcomer wanting a gecko no matter the colour etc, other breeders will quickly supply you with a regular hatchling before others get a chance to offer.

I have just advertised on occy, levis and pilbriensis for $450 and still can't sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back