Smooth knobby and problem shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mws4life

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i need help. Have kept Smooth knobbies for a few years and never had a problem. Recently purchased 2 hatchys. Went in to check them one morning and one seems to have half shed?? The top coloured part of its body has shed but doesnt look like its come off from around eyes or its belly and legs??? It looks really strange. I have taken it from its tank and put it in a small container, moist paper towel and on heat still. I'm scared im going to lose it. Do i just leave it and see if its sheds the rest? I'm stuck so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Get some walm water and let it have a bath for a little while. Stay there as they dont really like it. But i wouldnt worry to much, id wait over night before i got worried.

Oh i'm worried.. the partial shed happened 3 days ago and still hasnt gotten the rest off. I tried the bath straight away and been in the container since. it is still eating though which i'm happy about. Just dont know why this has happened and why it hasnt shed the rest off yet

View attachment 231441Heres a pic i just took of it.

Last edited:
I occasionally get one that has a bad shed , I will give them a good mist and mist under their hide and leave them over night , if its not off by the next day I carefully peel it off for them , they don't like it to much but if your are quick about it , it should not cause any issues.
It has most likely happened as the tub was to dry.
How often are you misting them ?
Do you keep a hide in the cool / moist end ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back