Snails finally laid lol

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
well after months of having a group setup in a tub i have found a clutch of eggs under a pot in the tub. Now just gotta wait for them to hatch and grow

yea not something alot of people would find exciting but its taken so damn long and finally something hapened

fair enough, i suppose if you are interested these are every bit as exciting as velvet worms.
are you intending to use them as a food source?

Most people don't understand how long it takes snails to mature. The large ones you see stealing your lettuce may be upwards of ten years old!

Anyway, congrats, I gave up long before I could get some to breed :D

lol these are nothing compared to velvet worms, these are just another feeder species, velvet worms are a highly desireable species that guys all over the world want, i have had people from europe and america asking if i can sell them some. I may have to post new pics

giant african land snails are ment to grow pretty quick, hope these garden snails dont take too long to mature.

Could you use aquarium snails as food? They are really easy to breed and you get heaps of them.

You can feed aquarium snails to fish, just crush them up.

i'm using them for lizard food, while i can use apple snails for that i just like land snails.

how would the aquarium snails - mystery snails - go for large lizard food?

they are a perfect feed land snails are just cooler

Cheers hornet, tho from what i've read on land snails, and having bred mystery snails before, the mysteries seem to be easier to breed, congrats on the eggs tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back