snake eating itself

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was abit disturbing, why wouldn't you stop it eating itself ?

Person who filmed it is probably gonna be an axe murder...

Sorry I thought Hognoses were American snakes... oh well you get that.

That hurt to watch :( poor snake! I would have tried to stop it...although I have no idea how you could!

Not sure if serious??
Hoop snake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While snakes are not smart compared to other animal, instinct prevents them and most creatures from self cannibilisation. ;)

Most of the time... there are exceptions to the rule (exhibit A). lol guess you could put it on the very small frontal lobes of the brain. ha ha
And i love how you 'Wikied' Hoop snake! :)

Apparently that's a sign of the end of the world lol.

Really, what can you with a snake that wants to eat itself? If you stopped it, it'd probably try again later and you can't always be there to stop it. I'd put it down to natural selection lol.

DSC00845np.jpgI have had both a King Brown and a Red Belly both try to eat themselves. Those Blacks will eat anything :)

Must of been a dream to handle if its willing to eat its self lol

tn_IMG_7485.jpg

tn_IMG_7457.jpg

He wasn't the smartest of snakes. I also seen my RBBS eat his poo. Pretty gross stuff, he does love food though.

How often do you feed him? Fortnightly or weekly? Not saying you don't feed enough or anything like that just curious :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back