Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rombot

Not so new Member
Reaction score
a friend sent me a pic of this snake taken a week or so ago @ the wilsons prom campgrounds.

can anyone id it?

what would happen if you were bitten by it?

thanks in advance.

copperhead
you would apply a bandage and call 000 and keep calm, considered highly dangerous.
better still, look but dont touch.

The eastern ghost snake? :p Not much would happen if you got bitten. In fact you wouldn't even feel it. :lol: Or maybe there isn't a pic? ;)

There's the pic!
Eastern brown? Only a guess. The pic isn't clear enough for me. Either way I don't think getting bitten would be a good experience.

Last edited:
Are u sure its a Copperhead Peter? the pic is a bit far away but i think it looks more like a Tiger???? Have a close look at its head.

Yeah i just zoomed up a bit closer and im fairly sure its a Eastern Tiger, not much banding but thats not uncommon, very dangerous and def. get to hospital asap, got bitten by 1 a few years back, not much fun.

My first thought is that its a tiger, looks as if he is flattening out like a tiger. But i'm not an expert;)

the picture isn't that clear but it looks like a tiger to me but im not 100% on that but still dont go near any wild snake if your not 100% on what it is and still dont really they can be admired from a distance

Last edited:
I didn't even look at the pic but I'm gonna say Tiger so I can be cool too.

with the benefit of hindsight ill say tiger and go shoot myself
Baz, why were you catching tiger snakes in a National Park?

this is an omen isnt it, The Saints play Richmond this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back