Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possibly that it could have been a type of skink with very short limbs? My mum spotted what she thought was a baby snake in our yard a few months ago and that turned out to be a three-toed skink (i think). I dun blame her for thinking it was a snake, it had incredibly short limbs and was coiling and moving erratically according to her account, prob cause it was feeling threatened. Since there are heaps of different skinks species, I wouldnt really be able to come up with one based on that description. Just a thought really.

could even be a mustard bellied snake or an eastern small eyed snake - they sometimes have a darker head than body but without pictures anything is a guess!

Mustard-bellied Snakes, to my knowledge, are not found anywhere near Castle Hill. The only location i know of where they can be found is the Blue Mountains.

Small-eyed Snakes are nocturnal and not very fast moving generally. They're usually black or very dark in colouration also, i've never seen a grey one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back