Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irbz_27

Reaction score
just wondering how often snakes generally poo. i woud of thought that it would be fairly infrequent... i bought my jungle home on friday and hes let himself go 3 times already. only small bits each time, is this normal? i thought hed just get it out in one hit... also can someone tell me how i can post a pic

I don't know how to post pics here.....but when it comes to snake poo, my experience has been that my stimmie poos a couple of days after each feed, naturally enough the bigger he grows and the bigger the food item the bigger his poo is. Maybe your jungle was recently fed and maybe his 3 times is something to do with him settling into his new home. I'm sure you'll get lots of advice on this....but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about especially if it looks normal.

To post pics click on Go Advance under the quick reply, click manage attachments and upload pic from your computer. As for the poo questions, snakes will often do this in a new environment, by it from nerves or to mark its territory so to speak

Could due to abit of stress because of recent move.Nothing really to be concerned about unless it turns into a problem over time.

ok thanks for the replies. thought that being a new environment might have something to with it, being new to this all thought id best check with some that know more about snake behaviours. cheers

DSCN0166.jpg Also heres a pic of dusty (if ive done it right)

Nice jungle Irbz_27, don't forget to post some pics on the jungle thread

Snakes will defecate around 5 to 8 days after a feed on average i.e. about 1 week. They can go up to 2 weeks before voiding their bowels, which is nothing unusual or to worry about. Womas and BHPs are notable for this. Should your snake go two and a half to three weeks, constipation is likely. A tepid bath (about 40[SUP]o[/SUP]C) for 10 to 30 minutes should do the trick. Make sure the tail is lifted so the vent opens, allowing water to enter the cloaca and lower end of the rectum, to soften the hardened stools causing the constipation. The most common cause of constipation is insufficient intake of fluids. Snakes will generally not drink water that has stood for a day or mote, so regular replacement of water will help avoid constipation.

If a snake is fed weekly and it takes 9 or 10 days to defecate, it will snap a log 2 or 3 days after a fed. The natural presumption is that it takes only 2 or 3 days from ingestion to voiding wastes. This is not correct. If this were happening there would be a significant amount of fluid in the wastes as the snake would be suffering from diarrhoea.

Blue

so i fed him on tuesday night, now saturday morning and yet to really lay a cable... dumpedd another little one, about 2cm long, but im fairly confident that he should be doin something bigger than that just going by the size of the rat... and its partly white as wel... is this still considered normal? i know im probably just asking the same question agin to a degree but just want to make sure everything seems ok

So I've had him home for 2 weeks today, fed him twice ( a fuzzy rat on Tuesday both weeks). He still hasn't laid a proper cable... He's done about half a dozen of these little 2cm white nuggets... Nowhere near what I'd expect from the size of the feed... Should I be concerned yet???

ahh ok well that explains that part... but what about the facct that he hasnt pooped yet? just wondering if i need to be concerned?

Mine Urate 2 to 3 days after a feed, then the next day after, they poop
They have trained me to take them out for a dump, as like any animal, they don't like to deficate where they sleep.
Depends on size of meal, for how often they poop.

[video=youtube;KfQZQR2PM2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQZQR2PM2M[/video]

my Boy 5 days nearly to the letterm he is ready for alittle walk, lets go of a good pee, n them Bham away he goes its a ritual, n yes he has me trained lol

BHPs pooing

just thought id share dusty finally had a ***** yesterday...

Ha - yep, my BHP almost always poos about 10 minutes into his weekly 'walk' - stops, tenses up and then lets rip with quite an impressive display!!. My other pythons are not that well trained yet (the Water Python just heads for the hills......)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back