Snake Prices

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_G

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am now looking at buying Mildly venomouse snakes and would like to know an estimate on prices for the following: Yellow faced whip snake, Brown tree snakes, stevens banded snake etc. And how common they are to purchase. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Luke

Whipsnake?????
Brown tree $250-350
Stevens Banded?????

I cant recall seeing anyHoplos advertised for sale though they are around and similar with whippys.
Good hunting.

I think you need a class 2 venomous licence for the Stephens Bandeds, but all the same i remember seeing an 80cm male for sale for about $350 not long ago. If you are after hoplos, look for Pale heads too. They are slightly cheaper than the Stephens (i think)

-H

Stevens Bandeds can go for big money and they are not mildly venomous, they can blow you away and stuff you up really quickly. They are nasty little buggers,(sometimes not so little,5ft,) and will not hesitate to bite at any chance even resorting to ambush attacks if you always use the same routine to maintain them. Very dangerous animals and should be kept by people with hot herp experiance. Same as the other 2 broadheads only not quite as bad. Redbellies, Copperheads,Collets,tigers are so much easier and safer to keep. If not Whitelips might be a good choice and are cheap.
Rob

re Snake

Brown tree snakes are agro but only mildly venomous with a primitive rear fang mechanism but as rob said stephens bandeds and the other two hoplocephalus are complete nutters with big venom glands and potentcy for a small snake.A broad headed bit a friend on the hand through a snake bag and he dismissed it get going and collapsed and was taken to hospital.There is a few people in sydney breeding pale headeds and stephens bandeds also theyve been hybridized at least once.A few breeders of hoplocephalus attend hawksbury herp society.

RE: re Snake

if you want to know the potential of pail headeds, ask Brodie!

Im sure he will tell you, lol...........

thank you all for your help, it help me out alot.

Cheers Luke

Further to the others comments, I think redbellys are a great first venomous snake but I could always be wrong.

re Snake

Yeh pete the red belly is awsum snake full of beauty and good nature, i was told at a herp meeting however that a bite while not deadly often results in loss of tissue at bite and kidney damage.Not being doctor i dont know if its right but sounded bad anyway.

I think i will start of with a Whip snake first so i can get used to dogging the strikes.

I've heard that too oldy, problem is there are a lot of myths around about the effects of bites from snakes, spiders, even my first missus. How do we tell if they are true or not? But I do agree, if I kept vens then a redbelly would be MY first.

From what Ive been ready Phil a few people might chip in and buy you a taipan. :idea:

I think i will start of with a Whip snake first so i can get used to dogging the strikes.

Marsh snakes are reasonably easy to look after, although in the first year its can be a bit of a pain catching garden skinks until they're big enough to take pinkies.

im interested also in getting a mildly ven but have to talk my mum into it first, funny enough shes starting to come around, yay....but after asking some keepers questions i was told that brown tree snakes are the easiest to look after, and that there bite will usually result in swelling of the area but doesn't make you ill, just sit down and relax for a while and there isn't any worry. so if you only have a class one, thats what i was told to get, but was told to go for a red belly if you can cause they have a good temperment.....just what i herd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back