Snake skins for Early Education

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prepteacher

Reaction score
Hi, I am a teacher in a Pre-Prep room and the class displayed interest in snakes. We have been learning about various snake facts and the location they can be found. As we discussed how snakes shed their skins, the children were interested in viewing a real skin. Our problem is that I do not know where I can find one as I have been told that it is illegal to sell them in Australia.
If by any chance you know where to locate skins or possibly have one that is no longer needed we would love to take it off your hands.
Thank You for your time.

Miss Karen and 2015 Pre-Prep class.

Karen Hedrick
Teacher
Play and Learn Early Education

106 Cemetery Rd
Raceview Qld 4305

I'm sure someone on here closer than I am would be more than happy to donate one for your class. Love the dedication Miss Karen, and your classes interest in things reptilian.

Good work Karen.
I also am a fair distance from you but happy to help out if you have no success in the next week or 2.

Keep us posted

Hi Karen, will drop one in your letter box on Wednesday

Thank you so much. The class is very excited.
We have also been very excited to read each post from various snake handlers and their interest in our learning.

Thank you all from
Miss Karen and 2015 Pre-Prep class.

This is brilliant! My partner and I took a couple pythons to his sons childcare a few weeks ago, even the most anti-snake person in the room was holding one by the time we left. We took a whole bunch of sheds to drop off this week for them to check out, all different sizes and species, they were stoked.

Did you and your class end up with a sloughed skin?

One of my Coastal Carpet Pythons, Morelia spilota, has just sloughed. I'd be happy to mail it up to you if required.

Hey,
I was hoping to still have some skins lying around but I must have thrown them all out. Luckily my eastern brown has just started to shed so once it is finished I will send it off to you. Give some variety in the skins the kids get to see other than just pythons.

Cheers Cameron.

HI Karen,

My name is Scott. I run a business called Nature for You which bring reptiles and amphibians out to venues all over south east queensland. If your interested give me a call on 0419 328 251.

Regards,
Scott Eipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back