Snakebite Documentary on ABC tonight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched it, seems like your doing a great job David. All the best with things in the future.

great program David,
your doing an amazing thing for PNG
we need more people like you these days :)

Just watched it, seems like your doing a great job David. All the best with things in the future.

I'll second that! Your work is very commendable David! You have won a fan here that's for sure!

Just when I thought I had a slight idea of what you were about, this documentary shone a whole new light on the hardships you must endure on a daily basis! Good luck, and I hope this documentary has sparked some serious action with the PNG government! Best wishes.

****e David ... 1 vial left :shock:

Exactly! How lucky was that! (also, it just further promotes the problems toxinologist must be battling)

All the best of luck with your project David. I hope you can find the answers you are looking for and make the freez dry anti-venine that is so badly needed.

Keep up the good woork and keep away from the bitty end.

wow that was really interesting - very lucky they had that vial :shock:
Sad to see the dodgy stuff endangering people's lives. Hopefully something gets done about it.
Keep up the great work David & good luck with it!

Good job mate. I recon what you are doing is such a great thing and OMG only one vial left. U were lucky!

Very interesting story David. Must be an unbelieveable feeling when it actually happens?! I do have a few questions.

One is where do the Papuan Taipans rank on the world ranking list? That has been questioned in another thread - why it doesn't appear on any of the lists?

First Aid training now teaches to wrap the bandage starting at the end of the limb? Is that correct, or should you start at the bite site? Or doesn't it really matter?

Is that the first time you have been bitten by one?

Do you feel it was your fault (carelesness / loss of attention), or was this an unavoidable accident? The one that was playing up in the room looked difficult to handle?

Thanks in anticipation of your response :)

im watching it now, up to the bit where u just got outta the hospital and now asking about antivenom vials on the black market. this is soo interesting, glad you are ok! poor papua new Gs! you do a great thing and i am grateful there are people out there who care about these things. you are an inspiration to me

kind regards,
Nat ;)

Hi David. Great work thanks for sharing that with us all and allowing us to discuss it with you. I have a question about allergic reactions to venom. If someone had some kind of allergic reaction to a particular snakes venom, is it reasonable to say that they would have a reaction to the venom of another snake of a different species. Also how did you find that your encounter changed your perspective on your research? Thank you!

Last edited:
Excellent work David, you are a moden day humanitarian.

I hope you have now fully recovered and are feeling better, all the best to you big man.

Do you feel it was your fault (carelesness / loss of attention), or was this an unavoidable accident? The one that was playing up in the room looked difficult to handle?

Just read this, good question, I was thinking the same, wondering if you thought you did anything different with this snake than usual.

hmm i like jozz's questions very interesting... im also wondering about the anti venom being sold ilegally... what action do they take on people caught? eg: the pharmacy in your tv show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back