snakeman western australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I watched today evening on Discovery channel program man called brian catching king brown and western brown snakes. He have numberplate on car '' snakeman ''.
I must say i was impressed. Big king brown must be had to handle. The snake was so quick. I would newer attempt to play with that specie.

Not my cuppa tea either slatey, never understood the fascination of keeping captive venomous species, its not like you can enjoy them wrapped around your arm watching tv! much prefer python.

Elapids must be enjoyable to watch in captivity but, more active and probably more curious about exploring it's enclosure I imagine,anyone out there back that up or am I wrong?

He was collecting venomous snakes for sintific study. He milked them and colected samples.
That man has no fear at all. There was obvious that snakes was not staged and cooled to had nice shot for TV. They was worm and quick, My GOT Brian was quick to. I did not lough likewhen i am watching some Stevies Irvin show. That program was for real.
By the way, my apology, it was National Geographic chanell. Not Discovery.

Brians a top bloke, the pillar of WA herpetology, he's the man. You think that a large king brown is hard to tackle, try a 7 foot Eastern Brown on a 45 degree day inside a chicken shed, thats the kind of stuff I have to deal with...keeps me on my toes thats forsure and it was Brian Bush not Barnett from Victoria

Thanks for info marc. He did handled one eastern brown on this show i think. Black head and I first thought that he have blackheaded python there. But turn out to be brown.
Western australia must be great for people who like elapids.

The Brown was a Western Brown, Slateman. Totally different colours and body shape to an Eastern... He also caught a baby one, it was stripey.

The number plate was "SNAKES".

Due to the legislation in WA over the years not being able to keep herp, which Brian has been fighting for a very long time and acheived alot, WA herp is true beautiful the brown snake is also called western brown, Gwardar or Psuedonaja nuchalis and apparently there is plenty of them

sxereturn said:
Beat you to it :)

Hay there, was this for me ???? if so sory what does it mean...silly me

Look at the times of the posts...we posted at the same time...but mine went up first...

very quick are you not, quicker than a snake I bet he he he

The small babe had plenty venom and he did hold it like hatchling maculosa. That man have no feer.
So the western brown have black head. It is beautifull snake.

i saw it today

i was amazed that he was even holding such a small dangerous snake that could easily kill him :shock:

as soon as i saw the subject for this thread brian bush went came straight to mind.
my mum is very very close friends with one of his sisters. (he has nine brothers and sisters)
i only found this out about a month ago. my mums friend contacted her brother and asked him if he takes kids out on feild trips with him as this was a request from me.... his reply was that he does take kids out sometimes but only if they are very keen with reptiles.
this thread actually reminded me that i have to email him and follow this up... cheers slatey

MM
If you still have his e-mail please send him message that he have few supporters and fans in APS.

Yea Busho is a good bloke & I have known him for a number of years now. We call him " The ol' man perentie ".
So Slatey next time your over here in herp-heaven (W.A) we can drop in & visit the ol perentie in his native habitat & share a few amber anti-venoms in the snake shed. I'll tell him to put his hearing aid on & keep his pants up !!

You crack me uo West.
I am planning to buy motorhome next year and do some traweling around our beautifull continent.
visit you again will be on my list and if you introduce me to Brian, I will scream to make sure that he can hear me. Specially if he will hold 2 metre king in hand.
Hope to seeyou one day again mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back