Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Thought i would post this here aswell as the lizard section as this section seems to have more threads, so here it goes...

Hi everyone,

My name is Harrison and i live in England at the moment and at one point in time i owned royal pythons, bearded dragons, leopard geckos and corn snakes. But my family and i have decided to move to australia ( Queensland, Gold Coast) and i have had to sell my whole collection. Since then i have been asking on a forum what sorts of reptiles you are aloud to keep in Australia as some said you can keep anything if you have a liscence, some said that only native animals and some said you are not aloud to keep any??

So i have just found this forum and have signed up and am hoping that you can help me? I would just like to know what sorts of lizards or snakes you can keep in Gold Coast as pets and where you can get them from.

Thanks for all your help.

Harrison..

Typically only allowed to keep native herps...
There are some natives that are restricted, and on a basic license you can keep 2 of these (non-vens) such as the Green Tree Python, Woma and Scrub Python.
The vens need a restricted license.
You might find some info here:
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/ecoacces...eping_wildlife_for_recreational_purposes.html

You can get snakes, lizards, turtles, etc. from breeders.
There are plenty of breeders in the Gold Coast area.
You can check the 'For Sale' section on this forum as well.

Last edited:
only natives here mate
but you need licences here for MOST reptiles, like say in victoria can have Blue tongued lizards
also you can definatley keep bearded dragons here so maybe you dont need to sell??
most states have a basic and an advanced licence or stage 1 and stage 2
typically on a basic you can keep pythons and lizards and gecko's
and on an advanced you can keep venomous snakes and more difficult lizards to keep such as frill necked lizards hope that helped
and WELCOME TO AUS :)

refer to the other thread you made in aussie lizards mate gave you a rundown on qld licences, you cannot import ANY reptile whatsoever from overseas so selling up and getting new ones is the go

Thanks everyone,

another reason i sold was that it would have been to time and money consuming and also extremely stressful for the animals..
Thanks for all your help tho. this info, combind with the info from the other thread has given me all the infomation i need on how to get started again when i am over there! =D

Thanks again,

Harrison..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back