- snakes die only after sunset;

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the same site there was also the myth...

snakes tounges are poisonous

my uncles friend many years ago shot snakes on his farm. that was until he shot a brown. hung it over the fence. came back with his mate a day later and picked it up. bit him on the arm and he ended up in hospital. it wasnt still alive, it was just the nerves reacting to the picking up. but you can see why some people think they can keep living after being killed
You really believe that? My guess is that "uncles friend" was being a tool, showing off his kill and got scratched by a fang.
That or the snake wasn't dead in the first place ;)

Snakes love to drink off milk, preferably breast milk! True!

Hahaha, deja vu
As i've said before jess, Barry White is the reason snakes have evolved to have no ears :D
We all envy snakes for never having experienced the aural pain of Barry White.
I'm half tempted to tell people that snakes are attracted to country music, just so people stop playing it!
Hang on, perhaps I have found where that rumour started...;)

I continually get asked if pythons are poisonous.

My baby Darwin tagged me and a girlfriend asked if I needed to got to hospital and get anti-venom because she thought all snakes were poisonous. :shock:

On Monday I was up working in the Daintree one of the guys I work with stated the old "The only good snake is a dead snake". This after seeing a green tree snake slithering down the pathway. I had to chase him in order to stop him killing the poor thing. Later that evening though he saw another, I wasn't able to stop him.

Hate stories like that!
Nice job at saving the 1st snake though.

More Australians die from bee stings each year than snakes bites, yet you dont see every one running round killing every bee they see.
Like you said, people just need to be more educated!

Lol cassM, I was asked if I got my pythons venom glands removed or if I pulled his teeth out instead so he could be a pet. :shock:

You have NO IDEA how many times I've been asked that, mainly when I was younger, but still get it from time to time.......

You have NO IDEA how many times I've been asked that, mainly when I was younger, but still get it from time to time.......

I guess its cause of vens and pythons breeding producing huge 20 foot super venomous pythons!

We keep getting asked for python crap & sheddings, so it can keep rats & mice out of there roofs?:rolleyes:
I teasted this out buy placeing some in a mouse breeding tub.:shock:
I checked the mice the next day & I learnt python crap & shedding makes good houseing.
I tell people who ask me for it every time & they dont belive me & I end up giving them free crap anyway!:lol:

Hey the customers always right!

Jason

We keep getting asked for python crap & sheddings, so it can keep rats & mice out of there roofs?:rolleyes:
I teasted this out buy placeing some in a mouse breeding tub.:shock:
I checked the mice the next day & I learnt python crap & shedding makes good houseing.
I tell people who ask me for it every time & they dont belive me & I end up giving them free crap anyway!:lol:

Hey the customers always right!

Jason

Sounds like there's a market for snake crap :D

Ive been asked for sake poo as if you put it around your yard other snakes wont come near due to moving onto another snakes territory. Also putting sheddings around keeps mice and rats away.

Wow... people actually ASK you for snake poo. Genius. You should package it and sell it to tools with the instructions "smear across face to repel aussie anacondas, barry white and drop bears".

Wow... people actually ASK you for snake poo. Genius. You should package it and sell it to tools with the instructions "smear across face to repel aussie anacondas, barry white and drop bears".

rofl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back