Snakes living with rats, living with cats and dogs.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
risky

but im assuming you wouldnt leave them together unsupervised
as for the rat and snake a while ago on here i think it was posted in asia somewhere they tried feeding a live hampster or something to a python and the python refused it and they became "friends" no idea if they still are or not

there is always the thing that a python wont always eat the rat if its not hungry hence why we dont feed live food as there has been instances of rats killing pythons
as for the cat and my own opinion id trust the python and rat together more then id trust a cat with either but then again ive had cats dogs and birds all sleeping together but still i dont trust cats

each to their own and goodluck as im sure you know full well the risks to all of your animals they are yours and your responsibility so it is up to you what you do/dont do and the risks you decide to take

thats pretty impressive with the polar bears and the sled dogs.

but you wont see me letting animals mix with their pray !

i agree fully in what python infinite says above.

any python infinite he blasted you and not me about my comment ! way off track he is !

i am off to take some meds for that headache i have as he suggested.

Last edited:
there is always a first for everything
but i dont see it as a complete diseaster obversely the plan worked and who cares i think everyone should mine there own business.
ever heard of the term ''if u dont have anything good to say, dont say it at all''........

... there's my two cents worth.

any python infinite he blasted you and not me about my comment

Yup... once again I cop it for no reason... luckily my shoulders are broad and strong!

J.

Aww, how cute! They must be the best of friends - this doesn't surprise me at all actually, the other day when my python was giving me those really tight cuddles he saw the cockatiel and decided it was her turn for snuggles! I can't upload the pics at the moment, but I will just to silence all these totally mean people that have no clue what-so-ever!

Seriously though mate... I'd be real careful.

lmao. I have nothing to say that hasnt been said already in this thread but......yea good luck with that lol

Can I please see some images with the snake in complete view, so I can get over this suspicion that you are just thrusting the poor snake at the other animals.

Hhahahahaha.... i had also thought the snake was being held JUST out of reach lol

I dunno, cats play with things till they're dead. I had a cat that would catch mice, let them go, pounce/play, let it go etc.
I have always maintained that the only reason my snake doesnt eat me is because it knows I am to big, something hatchys can to take a while to learn.

I shape rice and veggies into rat shapes to feed my snakes. Unfortunately they break up when the snake tries to constrict them. Any ideas on how to stop this.

Try shushi rice with nori to hold it in place for the 'rat's' body :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back