Snakes on a plane...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissBree

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Firstly i'd like to wish you all a happy holidays and safe new year.

Next week i am moving interstate and my question is regarding the freighting of my Coastal Carpet Python, Rosie. I have the wooden box, the shredded paper and the cotton bag. The box has 2 barrel bolts to keep the lid closed however my family were saying that they think it would be better if i had the lid screwed on. Their argument is that it will deter people from pocketing her, mine is so it will be easier for the person who is picking her up to get her out/so i dont have to spend 10 minutes screwing the lid on at the airport when she flys out (it is my understanding that they check the contents of the pet crates before they let them fly (?) )

My question to you is, what should i do? I dont want to have my snake stolen but i think screwing the lid on is unneccesary.

Thanks

We just had a sand monitor freighted from Sydney to Port Macquarie.. The container had holes put in it which I'm assuming was from a solder and then cables ties put through them to keep the lid securely on... Your family do have a good point!! :)

I recently moved interstate myself. I screwed the lid on my wooden box at home before I travelled to the airport. I wasn't sure if anyone at AAE would ask to see inside, so I brought a screwdriver with me. No one did.

If you pre-drill the holes, it will take you a minute to get the lid on. Take a screwdriver with you to the airport just in case someone asks to see inside. If you let your recipient know what kind of screwdriver you used, they can have one ready.

Good luck with your interstate move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back