Snakes on fraser island?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lay in one of the lakes for over an hour and was surrounded by negri, had a brown tree and keelback slither past me and a rbb sun on the bank about ten feet away and a lacie wanderered past when I came ashore. Meanwhile little fishes exfoliated my skin.
We also love Fraser Craig. Ellie and I spent wonderful times there.

Dicco said:
Craig, are there any nigra in captivity at all?

Hi Dicco,
I've got a clutch of nigra just about to hatch (within the next two weeks).

Also some of what I'd class as 'Miniatures' due to hatch at the beginning of February. We have some Macleay's due to hatch then. The maximum a male will grow to is around 16cm and females normally 17cm but some people state that they can reach 18cm. A perfect turtle for indoor aquariums!!

Regards,
Craig
ps Sorry about the 'plug' for the 'miniatures, but we haven't bred them before until now.

Forgot to post this pic on the previous message
17e6892e62.jpg
[/url][/img]

Wow, that's quite interesting Craig, they'd make a great animal for an aquarium display, I'd be sorely tempted to purchase they guys once available but I think I should steer clear from Turtles for a while :(

Craig, I assume that's a pic of you & you're beloved.

What a lovely couple you make :D

Romance is alive & well :wink:

Cheers, zen

Well you've all convinced me. Booked 3 nights in kingfisher bay resort first week of Jan. Hopefully I'll have some nice herp pics however I shall not be proposing...did my girlfriend contact you and bribe you to say that expansa1?? She's gone too far this time. :)

zen said:
Craig, I assume that's a pic of you & you're beloved.

What a lovely couple you make :D

Romance is alive & well :wink:

Cheers, zen

Thanks for the kind words Zen. :oops: Yes it's my wife Gabrielle and I. How's this for a 'Herp' wedding? Believe it or not, during the time between saying our wedding vows and actually signing the marriage certificate, Gabrielle went chasing Lacey's and I went diving with the turtles.
The Marriage celebrant had a fit!
Regards,
Craig
ps We didn't actually get married in the water. Just ran down the beach into the water as soon as we both had said "I do".

Linus said:
Well you've all convinced me. Booked 3 nights in kingfisher bay resort first week of Jan. Hopefully I'll have some nice herp pics however I shall not be proposing...did my girlfriend contact you and bribe you to say that expansa1?? She's gone too far this time. :)

I'm not supposed to say!
By the way Linus, we had our reception at the Kingfisher Resort and had a Seafood buffet. Excellent choice for you wedding reception too! :lol:
Expansa1

Made in Heaven!

Believe it or not, during the time between saying our wedding vows and actually signing the marriage certificate, Gabrielle went chasing Lacey's and I went diving with the turtles.
The Marriage celebrant had a fit!

That's a classic piece of Aussie herping 8)!

Sounds like a match made in heaven :D :wink:

I wish you you guys all the best. :)

Cheers, zen

ooh this thread has got me really interetsed in visiting this herp/dingo :) paradise ... must go explore it for myself one day.

Anyone know if it's difficult to get to from te Sunshine Coast and what the easiest method of getting there would be lol?

Any help would be great as I really have no clue about transportation to this region at all lol

hell my missus wont go near them, she cringes even when I show her the eggs.

My partner has gone from fear to tolerance.
That's good progress I reckon, considering her parents consider them "monsters"!. :roll:

Fear comes from ignorance.

I think that most peoples aversion to snakes stems directly from lack of knowledge, lack of exposure and negative propaganda.

Dare I say it's the same with racism, bigotry etc. :roll:

Knowledge, understanding & tolerance are the keys.
Live & let live is the best motto.

It sounds like most of you have good partners. :D
Slowly,slowly catch the monkey! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back