snakes pooing in corner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahaha mine have te worst habit for going in the corner too.

in their new enclosure a large branch rests in one corner and now they crap there,
so i wish they would do it in an empty corner at the least

Mine like the front of the enclosure, where it can dribble through the gap where the door meets the cabinet. That way, it can stain the bench its on, dirty the glass and keep the paper clean for next time.:rolleyes: BTW....I have noticed a texture change since I changed their diet from rats to chicks. Is this a bad thing? (apart from the obvious cleaning factor)
Most of my snakes are on chicks and the waste soon seemed to return to more of a solid nature after a little while following the change from rodents.
This does not apply to elapids however, It does not seem to matter what you feed them, they take delight in depositing semi-liquid puddles in any corner available and seek out glass track or any other hard to clean area.

Mine seems to do it in corner usually, although last night done it all over my hand and shirt. Who would have though so much crap could come out of such a small hatchling hehe.

I'm starting to think that they 'deliberately' save it up so they can use it in the best manner...eg. All over you, all over the enclosure etc. Then again there seems to be some snakes that just don't care and wont even bother coming down off their branch to do their business..LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back