snakes soaking in the water bowl.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Herp Addicts,

I just have a quick question for you all. I have a 15 month old Albino Darwin and for the last 2 weeks she spends most her day in her water bowl. At the start her bowl was a little small so i replaced it with a 250mm ceramic dog bowl and now she just chills in the bowl submerged up to her head..
Im not worried becuase its been a little warm lately and ive checked her for mite ( although im not 100 percent what they look like), but my bredlis and ants arnt doing this they are all still using their warm ends and hides? Anything i should have a quick look over her for to see whats happening?? She Is a good few weeks out of the slough process and looks quite healthy? Ill get some snaps of her tonight so you guys can see and have a look for anything im missing..
I suppose its nothing but ive only kept pythons for just shy of 2 years and havent seen this in my own collection before.

Cheers in advance for any replys..

Toby

Check the gular fold (under the chin), the skin around the cloaca and around the brille edge (eye scale) for tiny black dots...about the size of a grain of sugar...... If its mite then treat all your enclosures

Mm..sounds like mites. She could just be mental though.

Could be mites, that Would be my first thought. Second thought is she's waiting for fresh water. I only say that because my gtp will sit in its water bowl unroll I put fresh water in and then starts drinking. I've never seen him hang from a perch and drink. Only ever when he slides into his waterbowl and I put fresh water in will he drink it.

Try taking her out. Filling her bowl then placing her back in and watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back