snakes/tank?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_morris22

Reaction score
hi all,
i know and have been told to keep snales in wooden enclosures or those click clacks. but i just sore a ahow were a bloke in the USA and about 100 snakes all in fish Tanks. (i know its a heat thing and humidy thing). but it got me thinking we put lizards in them. can snakes SAFELY in them?
and does anyone do it.
i just want to know because im 100% for the animal and don't to heurt the snakes. but you can get 3Foot fish tanks for $50 at my petshop and at the market so i wanted to know. Because if i can can you let me know what i would have to do to make it safe

thanks
ashley

It is safe to keep snakes in fish tanks, the breeder i bbought mine from has most of his snakes in tanks and has been doing so for 30+ yrs.....as u know the biggest problem is heat retention....if u dont mind the power bill tanks are a gr8, cheap alternative.....but i wouldnt put a snake that likes to climb in a tank..

As for 3ft enclosures...go to Bunnings and get a large black tub from the gardening section...the $50 ones. They're great, cheap, just build a simple lid...and hygienic...just drag it out into the backyard (or the bath tub) and rinse it out...then disinfect and rinse again.

Simon Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back