Snakes to be banned in all Qld Suburbs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about people who dont wan't to live next to the people who have dogs? Mabe they do not like barking at night and dog poo on front loan. do they have any rights?
Things are comming to be so stupid. Nobody wants to tolerate anything anymore.

Slateman said:
Things are comming to be so stupid. Nobody wants to tolerate anything anymore.

Good point. We live in a society. All sorts of people have all sorts of interests. We love native animals - I thought that was politically correct now-a-days !

I'm tired of small minded people ending up in politics and then, based on uncertain information and feeble reasoning, dictating what's OK and what's not. Bah!

I wish we could say "it's just too stupid to be true". :roll:

LOL Slateman, plenty of times ive stepped in a "barkers egg" on the way to the mailbox! :oops: :lol: Atleast we dont let our snakes poo on the neighbours lawn.
Sadly people are becoming less tolerant, everyday we hear about a new "rage", road rage, shopping trolley rage etc etc. Maybe country folk are not so silly afterall, no neighbours for many miles around. Ahh what peace and quite, just the cows for company! :D

In my limited experience with Councillors they really care about only one thing VOTES, not snakes, dogs, cats,rats, or anything much. This ..... lets just say Councillor ......needs to hear from as many local residents as we can rally that will say they do not agree with her, whether they own snakes or rats or not.

She needs to hear that pushing this opinion will cost her VOTES.

I think we all need to write to her and copy the letter to the local Mayor and one other Councillor who is not from her party. That way somebody "at the table" can see and bring our opinion.

If anybody who lives in the area could provide us the names and addresses then I suggest we all write but also try to recruit any 'locals' that we know to voice their support for our rights.

Obviously we need to portray ourselves as mature sensible individuals at all times.

When she finds out that there are many celebs, and high profile people around Oz that keep snakes and other reptiles, things will go very quite.
Typical vote chasing polly

People have tried this so many times, it will never happen, people have the right to keep what they want, as long as it is on permit...so fellow QUEENSLANDERS...dont worry......lol..it takes more than a couple of uneducated twits, a unknown polli (trying to become known) and TV station to change laws.

Hi All,

With everyone rallying to the cause, I definitely agree that they will have serious trouble bringing it in, but an interesting fact that bodes ill is that before the shires melded on the Gold Coast, back when there was Albert Shire, keeping reptiles wasn't allowed within Albert Shire. If they've done it before...

And for anyone starting petitions, I was told by a lawyer some years ago that they have to contain certain wording to make them a legal document, otherwise all the effort is for nothing. I'd suggest you contact a local council or government department for instructions.

Mel said:
And for anyone starting petitions, I was told by a lawyer some years ago that they have to contain certain wording to make them a legal document, otherwise all the effort is for nothing. I'd suggest you contact a local council or government department for instructions.

I've had the same advice, furthermore web petitions and email petitions are next to useless.

well ppl i found out she wont have a chance of getting it past ,she would have to over ride fedral govement and she has'nt got a chance of that now that pet shops in Qld can sell reps and fedral out ranks state goverment. so we dont have to worry at all.

Steve

I really don't think that she has the power to pull this off,although 1 person can make alot of noise so i am going to keep my eye's and ears open and i think we should follow it and see what eventuates.

I know there are some very large rodent breeders on the coast and they provide food source to pet shops and zoo's nationally.
If the council thinks they can make something of it i say go ahead they will get a big shock when federal government has their say and also what we as voters have our say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back