Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BHP's would have to be one of the funniest looking snakes when they are yawning i recon

Well, I didn't think it was too bad getting a license here, I guess it depends on what your expectations are. I was told it would take 2 weeks and that's all it took. Hubby built the viv for me and by the time all that was done and we'd tested the heat settings for a couple of days etc, it was only about 5 weeks till I actually got Barrie.On the application for the license you have to give a couple of references, state how the animal will be housed and what experience if any you have had. It seemed pretty straight forward to me. I don't know that anyone has been knocked back. I think we have different species allowed here than you have on the east coast, but I'm happy with my little stimmie. Oh I forgot to mention, that every 3 months we also have to send in a report to the DEC with a record of what snakes we have, if any have died or we've sold any of if any have escaped etc etc. Also when a snake dies, we have to inform the DEC within 72 hours and not get rid of the body till they give us permission. It must be either frozen or preserved in alcohol. I don't mind these regulations.

Brhmm, I stand corrected, the further west you go the harder it gets!

Oh look my snake just yawned!;):D

wow i never had to do any of that all i had to do was was give my information to them pay for it and that was it i was very suprised
and i didnt know that snakes yawned so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back