So annoyed with the DEP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zicarus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So annoyed with the DSE

Rang this morning to find out if there was any progress on the basic licence forms only to be told that we could have sent in old forms and probably would have had our licence around this time and only had to pay the cost difference. But if we were to do that now it would be a longer waiting time. So now it looks like we will get it by the 15th of next month.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
Yes sry I was looking at the heading Department of Environment and Primary Industries. But yes DSE..

I rang Parks today about a permit to collect fresh water crabs for the pet trade and after 1/2 hour I was told to contact Fisheries. Did that, after an hour was told "you need to buy an aquarium trade license off one of the 12 people holding one". me- can you give me a contact list of who has one?
"No, not allowed to give out that information".
Thanks

I rang Parks today about a permit to collect fresh water crabs for the pet trade and after 1/2 hour I was told to contact Fisheries. Did that, after an hour was told "you need to buy an aquarium trade license off one of the 12 people holding one". me- can you give me a contact list of who has one?
"No, not allowed to give out that information".
Thanks

So then how did the other 11 people with the license get one?

And they wonder why ppl dont bother with a licence. Told u what u need but not how to obtain it.
Yeah silly me for thinking they eere organized and on top of things lol...

That's odd, government departments are usually awesome! :lol:

Hahaha... Love it... Government departments are awesome!!! My dad has Alzheimer's, and has hidden/lost all of his ID papers, deed poll, birth cert, drivers licence, citizenship papers etc... Can't get a Photo ID card (to even open or close his bank account without photo ID) without the originals, and to get a copy of the originals we need photo ID, couldn't even get a death cert without a photo ID, so they'd continue to pay his pension as they couldn't declare him dead.... (Sad slow clap for the Govt....)

still waiting, mailed (express post) off for an import permit over 6 weeks ago send a money order with the aplication have not got anything back. have rang them over 10 times in the last 3 weeks they don't answer the phone and wen they do they say its not on the system yet, i have left 3 voice mail messages in the last 2 weeks with my name number and akl and no one has returned my calls.

they are useless and a wast of money, i'm so angry with them.

still waiting, mailed (express post) off for an import permit over 6 weeks ago send a money order with the aplication have not got anything back. have rang them over 10 times in the last 3 weeks they don't answer the phone and wen they do they say its not on the system yet, i have left 3 voice mail messages in the last 2 weeks with my name number and akl and no one has returned my calls.

they are useless and a wast of money, i'm so angry with them.

go to the post office and chase up the money order to ensure its been presented and cashed... Then send them an email stating that was presented on .....date and has been cashed. And request your import permit be emailed immediately. That's what I did and got a response pretty much straight away...

go to the post office and chase up the money order to ensure its been presented and cashed... Then send them an email stating that was presented on .....date and has been cashed. And request your import permit be emailed immediately. That's what I did and got a response pretty much straight away...

Can they email yr licence to you or a form of it while waiting for the card to be sent out?

They got them before the 12 licenses (capped) were all sold.

Seems like an odd number to cap it at.

MB I discovered an albino woodie in my breeding tank the other day too LOL!

Awesome, now you can send yours to me and I'll breed them until there is a huge colony and then we'll sell them for a grossly exorbitant price and split the profits, it's a gold/white mine!

All this government sounds like the classic 'need experience to get a job, and a job to get experience'.

Hahaha... Love it... Government departments are awesome!!! My dad has Alzheimer's, and has hidden/lost all of his ID papers, deed poll, birth cert, drivers licence, citizenship papers etc... Can't get a Photo ID card (to even open or close his bank account without photo ID) without the originals, and to get a copy of the originals we need photo ID, couldn't even get a death cert without a photo ID, so they'd continue to pay his pension as they couldn't declare him dead.... (Sad slow clap for the Govt....)

only problem is i have lost the reciept for the money order as my 2 year old goes through my bag and rips stuff up.

That sucks, I'm pretty sure if you went back to where you bought the MO, you'd be able to chase it up, especially if you have a basic date that you bought it... Fingers crossed for you... They seem to take that bit longer for the import permits as they have the express approval for the import/export permits for a bit more coin, its like they want people to get frustrated enough to pay for the express permits ( they did have those before I left NSW 12 months ago, pretty sure they still do)

That's odd, government departments are usually awesome! :lol:
hahahahhahahhahahahhah, that's the best laugh I've had in ages,
govt depts are so inept if they were a normal business they would have gone broke and closed down years ago (actually it's a pity they didn't)

Last edited:
What state are you in?

I waited 5 weeks for my basic WL licence from posting it off to getting it back.

I hope its not that long I wont be able to pick mine up untill september -.- I was told 15 days from the 1st Aug. But I can see it being longer cause of all the applications that will go through, wished I knew the cost so I could have a bank cheque ready print the form and be at the P.O first thing in the morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back