So , Do any NSW pet stores have Herps for sale yet ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how most who comment on shop quarantine quite often have Jags, Zebs and god knows what other animals that were originally smuggled from overseas. I know what collections I would be more worried about!

Funny how most who comment on shop quarantine quite often have Jags, Zebs and god knows what other animals that were originally smuggled from overseas. I know what collections I would be more worried about!

Glad that you wrote "most".I made a comment regarding quarantine and I keep none of the ones you mentioned but I do note that you sell some of them.

What is your quarantine protocol if you don't mind me asking ?

Comment was not targeted an anyone at all and was just an opinion. Our quarantine originates from who we purchase off, knowing them and the stock they keep. We buy off pretty much the same people year after year and the majority is now bred by ourselves. There is no other way for a commercial seller to offer a comprehensive quarantine procedure and keep pricing competitive.

very well said,,

maybe they are a bit over priced,
but wouldnt you like your kids and there kids to be able to go down to the local pet store and have alook around and see everything and be able to spend hours there being able to choose the right reptile/animal they want ,, pretty sure after spending an hour at a breeders house they get pretty sick of you, not saying all of them ,, its like saying lets not buy a burger from your shop for 5$ because we can go down to wollies and buy it all for 3$ lol, we need to support our local pet shops ,

very well said,,

maybe they are a bit over priced,
but wouldnt you like your kids and there kids to be able to go down to the local pet store and have alook around and see everything and be able to spend hours there being able to choose the right reptile/animal they want ,, pretty sure after spending an hour at a breeders house they get pretty sick of you, not saying all of them ,, its like saying lets not buy a burger from your shop for 5$ because we can go down to wollies and buy it all for 3$ lol, we need to support our local pet shops ,

And that is one of the reasons I got into herps -- it was a two storey pet shop on the corner of Canterbury rd and Beamish st Campsie -- . Its funny in a weird sort of way but the animals that they sold there are mostly now available in the restaurants of the local area except for the snakes and lizards

yes they had all kinds of snakes and lizards , frogs ,sheep, goats , dogs cats rabbits turtles rats mice ferrets birds and No I cant remember if the herps were all native or not --it was in the sixties

a bit like a zoo but everything was for sale !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back