So the wife is in labour.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck.
Too much pressure on the men of today to be more involved...it's just not natural.
Some guys are eagerly wanting it, but most would rather be feeding a python ;)

Good luck.
Too much pressure on the men of today to be more involved...it's just not natural.
Some guys are eagerly wanting it, but most would rather be feeding a python ;)

Depends on the guy. My husband was in the birthing-pool with me and caught his son, he loved every minute and was never pressured to even be there let alone take an active role. Most fathers I've spoken to have loved taking part, and if they for any reason haven't been able to be there have regretted it; if you can you should witness birth at least once, especially your own child. It's a life-changing experience.
This is just my opinion though, I understand others feel differently about it and I'm the last person to be judgemental about it if it's not their idea of amazing lol, I'm a firm believer in 'whatever makes you comfortable' when it comes to labour. It's best for the mother that way anyway :)

LOL, you say hubby wasn't pressured to be there. I bet if he decided not to, you would have had something to say about that. What if he went to the cricket for the day and got you to just call him...would you feel the same way? Doubt it.

I was there for the birth of both my boys, and I agree, it is a unique experience and worth it.

My comments were meant to be taken lightly lol

But I did not get up at all hours when they were crying, mum's job in my eyes. I needed sleep to make sure my job was protected. No job, no money for babies.

Nawww babieees :)

I watched a friend give birth years ago, its pretty amazing!

Good luck being a daddy!

I did take your comment lightly lmao, I was just adding to the conversation. Personally I would've felt the same if he'd much rather have gone to the cricket; as I said, whatever makes you comfortable, and I wouldn't have been as relaxed in the birthing-room as I was if there were people there who were making it known that they didn't want to be there, father or not. He wasn't able to make it to two out of three, and I'll never hold those against him.
There are definitive roles in parenting, I'm very much a stay-at-home mum and my husband works very hard to provide for us, I wouldn't dream of asking him to get up to the babies at night (although I wouldn't refuse if he did it off his own bat either lmao, he's given me a few surprise sleep-ins and for that I'm totally grateful).
Sorry if you thought I was getting indignant or anything, it wasn't my intent ;)

LOL, you say hubby wasn't pressured to be there. I bet if he decided not to, you would have had something to say about that. What if he went to the cricket for the day and got you to just call him...would you feel the same way? Doubt it.

But I did not get up at all hours when they were crying, mum's job in my eyes. I needed sleep to make sure my job was protected. No job, no money for babies.

I was alone having my babies......their dad went drinking with mates first time around & second time he 'was tired & wanted to go home to sleep'.......i was in labor for an hr & half mind you! ;) Do i care......nope, i got to share my babies first moments alone with them, & for me, that was the most amazing part.....it isnt often new mothers dont have someone knocking on their door wanting to visit, when all you want to do is sleep & 'be a mum'!

As for 'it being a mothers job' though to be soley responsible for getting up through the night etc......it is different for everyone. With my last child, i didnt stop working, besides the day i gave birth & the following day, so getting up through the night was a shared thing, i worked just as hard to bring money home for our family.

To the OP, i know exactly how your wife would be feeling at this point, i had the same thing happen with my first born, but after just 2hrs, they then hooked me up to the drip to increase & keep the contractions going, my daughter finally made her appearence 10 & a half hrs later. All the best from here, your little man will enter this big scary world in no time! Enjoy every moment, they really do grow way too fast!

Last edited:
So long as you kept the temps around 31c and didnt turn the eggs everything will be fine

When the first one pips you will be ecstatic
But it only gets better
Wait until number 14 pops its head out

Congrats

In my day....38 yrs ago....you stayed in hospital a week and weren't allowed out of bed for about 3 days and mostly baby went back into the nursery at night. LOL. Having baby stay in the room with you all night was a new concept...me, I wanted sleep with the first one, but had my second in the room with me.

Also, in those days, single mums (bad girls) were put in a different ward once their babies were born and not allowed to see their babies or be with.....real mothers !!! I'm glad some things in society have changed over the years.

I don't know how I would've reacted to that Grannieannie; as it was with my first I stayed 1 night (not including the night I went into labour), then discharged myself and they had to chase me up to sign the discharge paperwork lmao; I was getting conflicting info and to reduce confusion I took myself out of the argument. Where I gave birth they've got some sort of petty vendetta against independant midwives and I had one, so no matter what she said the nurses had to say the opposite, then to try and outdo each other. Sod that for a laugh.
My next two I never went in at all, I never went further than my backyard for fresh air, and they went without a single hitch :D I hate hospitals though, they've never been a good experience for me and as a result I hate to even visit other people.

youre meant to sit beside her (very much within reach) so she can physically and verbally abuse you when the contractions hit, lol,...!! :p

witnessing the birth of new life is amazing even more so when you are a parent or grandparent priveledged enough to witness it .as partner your job now is to be punching bag errand boy massusse comforter and anything else she needs you to be . have an awsome time seeing your new child into the world and tell your wife she is amazing !!!!!!!!congratulations to you both

I wish you, your wife and baby all the best. Keep us updated, although as advised, stay by her side until it's all over, even if you get your hands crushed like mine were. It's a small price to pay and a small percentage of the pain they feel. Respect!8)

any news ?

Hope everything went ok

I remember when I had my boys I had awful labours.....and instead of being abusive I just got super clingy to hubby and needed him right there with me the whole time.......especially when we had to make decisions about how they would come into the world, I needed him because I was the one right in it and I knew I couldnt think straight to talk to the doctors....

Best thing though was both mine are big healthy boys..........just their mother got carved up a bit getting them here !!

Well what a roller coaster my wife was in labour for 13 hours and the mid wife suggested a pain killer which stopped the labour dead in its tracks. So first thing this morning we were sent home and got told your two weeks early so don't worry about it. Very comforting. So now we wait.
Thank you to everyone for your best wishes and advise. I will keep you informed.

I am guessing her waters didn't break...

That sucks... although I guess she has 2 weeks to go. I was 11 days over and was induced which sent me into a quick and 'easy' labour.

Now for the waiting game! Make sure you keep her super comfortable and attend to her needs :)

Good luck over the next couple of weeks!

Gotta love that game, the last few weeks are always the hardest too. I reckon all the parents here will be feeling your frustration right now lol. You wait; it'll be as soon as she relaxes and thinks "oh nah, maybe I'll even go over..." you'll both be woken at 3am with a rush and a roar lmao ;)

Look on the bright side - you get extra nights of full sleep enjoy :lol:

And soon "It" be born so wonderful and cute until it wakes you in the middle of the night and you finally figure out that "It" doesn't come with switch OFF button! lol

oh..... and when that fantastic word "DADA" comes out of "IT's" mouth - treasure that day forever coz pretty soon that will become the worse word in the world! "Daddy Im thirsty!" "Daddy Im hungry" "Daddy I want it!" daddy, daddy daddy....mmmmm......

No just kidding enjoy every second coz they grow up so quickly!

Oh especially the first few weeks, when they do nothing but sleep, eat, poop and that cute little bleaty cry, and they're so tiny and snuggly... my youngest is already crawling, has teeth... can you tell I'm missing the wee snuggly newborny smell moments yet? *Sigh*. No more for me, or I'll have to start assigning them numbers and barcodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back