Social Group webpage improvement idea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I notice as I explore APS, that there are many changes that have been made, some great :D and some that will need time adjusting to. :?

One thing I noticed in the 'Social Groups' section (after clicking on your chosen group), is that the group's posts have been streamlined to show only the first post initially. To view all the other posts, you have to click on the hypertext link and it will show a page of the first posts. To see the current discussion, you have to click "last page". (It's all reversed to what it use to be.)

Just an idea, is it possible to have the last posts immediately displayed when clicking on a particular social group?

I'm afraid I'm disappointed with the change to the groups thing as well. It goes straight to the first page/post and doesn't instantaneously show it up like a typical "thread".

Is there ANYWAY this can be reverted back to the way it was?? Or is that asking the earth to do it? :)

If you click on the little arrow next to the persons name that did the last post, then it will take you to it. Its mutch quicker than going through all the pages

Admin, cant you just change it back,,, plz plz plz plz plz....!!!!

also.. i was going to do that this morning but uservoice didnt send me a conf email.....
and yeah i check rubbish bin and junk, and spam, even requested for a second one to be sent...
still no dice.....
so its a bit diffcult to submit the idea when u need that conf email.

Last edited:
Changing it back would be very difficult, I'd have to investigate. There is no option in the new system to revert to the old social group format, I'd need to find/create a hack and that would be a lot of work, that's why I want to gauge the demand for this on UserVoice first.

yea i hate the new changes on the social groups, its not as easy to just check any new posts etc, it use to be basic now its more complicated and not as good imo

Sorry mods but i also have to agree,its alot more time consuming to read whats going on in the social groups having to skip threw to the last page instead of it being right there to start with

agreed,. I dont like the new layout either,.
&
The Knobtailed Gecko Lovers Group doesnt have anything there now>?
It says 'This group does not have any discussions yet' well where did it all go?

There are no negative votes on UserVoice, you are always voting for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back