Sold shonky goods. AGAIN!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
I'm gonna vent now....

First i'm sold a heat rock that burns my snake, and now the water bowl worth almost $100 has been leaking into my SWCP's substrate/cage and has accumulated a pile of mould in the substrate under it! If i hadn't of moved the bowl to "redecorate" i never would of known! You think spending 4 grand at a shop would buy a tiny bit of quality!!
ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

...that is all.

You spent $100 on a water bowl?

Is your snake ok?

No swearing or cursing

the one i burnt has shed twice and is now ok. I'm just not happy that i was "reccomended" this water bowl for a large snake etc etc, and its only been in use a couple of months and now is fit for the bin. If it was five bucks i wouldn't care, but i paid top dollar AGAIN for garbage!

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly the best way to have a really good bowl is to get a big coloured plastic bowl and put it on a sheet of plastic
than mould polyfilla or paper mache into contours around it
Paint it to suit, trim off the plastic and voila

Might cost you $10

I feel your pain, Stimilove. I hate paying good money for rubbish. (It happened to me fairly recently, though not to the tune of 4K.) I saw the previous thread on your poor baby being burned, so I'm glad she's okay.

It's an expensive lesson that you learned - the best equipment or solution isn't necessarily the priciest. You sharing your experience might save someone else some money and heartache.

thanks for your positive words and advice everyone. You're right, its all learning. And hopefully my situation and complaining ;) will prevent another noobie from being screwed.
In answer to a question up above, its one if those Reptile One resin water dishes made to look like a real rock. SO expencive. I have another one in my Stimi's cage, its not leaking (yet) but all the paint is peeling off on the inside where the water is. That was a $50 water dish! I feel lke taking it back in there and asking for at least a store credit! hmmmm, i might just do that!

I would go back to both the shop and Reptile One. They cant fix what they dont know. let us know if you get a replacement, not just the bad news!

I'm sure if you took it back to the store with your receipt they would replace it.

I use to deal with Reptile ONe when I had my shop. Well, REptile ONe is just a brand name of the wholesaler called KONGS. They were very easy to deal with. But they are (or were, back then) wholesalers, so its the pet store you will need to contact first. If they don't help, then contact Reptile One. They should be able to help the shop help you.

I buy black, plastic, rectangle shaped tubs from Big W for my larger snakes. The small ones are $5, the larger ones $10 or so. Cheaper to replace if they crack, but way big enough for my big guys to have a bath without spilling water all through their cage.

Just one question though, are you sure the bowl is leaking, and your snake hasn't spilt water which has run down the outside and underneath your bowl.

Last edited:
Heatrocks are shocking. I would never have one anywhere near my animals. I would double check that the water bowl is leaking first stimi, like Kathy said, snake may of gotten in the water and made it overflow.If so, go back to the pet store and see if you can get your money back or a replacement.

I second mysnakesau...are you sure that the bowl is leaking or is your snake spilling the water?

I don't see the point in having a water bowl that looks like rock. I just buy ceramic or glass bowls from the cheap home shops. They are food grade so are safer than fake rock bowls and work a treat.

I've heard so many stories about reptile one products. Remember that stupid heat/light fan thing that caused so many deaths and bad sheds? Do they still make that? How does a company survive when their target market seems to be 90% noob herpers?

i just got a ceramic dog bowl from the pet shop cost me like 20 bucks and never had a problem so id suggest that

All my water bowls have come from op shops, quiche bowls are good, any sort of heavy dish would be okay though,
Probally best to see if you can get your $$$ back and never go back to that pet store again.
With a wild guess I would say its probally the one south of the river?? I hear terrible stories of the cowboys that own that store.

Probally best to see if you can get your $$$ back and never go back to that pet store again.
With a wild guess I would say its probally the one south of the river?? I hear terrible stories of the cowboys that own that store.

Yeah, just take it back. If you've payed good money for something then its up to them to provide good customer service.

Im so sorry to here this!!! I now dont get anything till I come on here and ask!! hahaha! I have had problems with all the reptile 1 stuff iv got but they have replaced it all every time. Good luck I hope it all works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back