Some of me spiders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trogdor1988

Reaction score
Just some pics of a few of my tarantulas, enjoy.

Sp4
IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

Plumipes
IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

one of the many Sarina
IMG_2367.jpg

Premoult vulpina
IMG_2243.jpg

140mm Male Pseudocrassipes slightly annoyed
IMG_2421.jpg

Papuanus
IMG_2334.jpg

Hope you like them.

Cool! I've been semi- interested in getting a spider sometime, just because they're so interesting.

i love spiders. So beautiful and interesting, not too fond of picking them up too much though. Lol

Lol cheers mate, yeah i dont hold often its not a smart thing to do, especially since the spider can get hurt quite easily. But yes i agree, i think there a beautiful and interesting animal.

Awesome spiders Trogdor,i hear that you dont need any licence with them,correct me if thats wrong..Iwas thinking a getting a tarantula,their amazing.

Trogdor your threads always intrigue me BUT SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME TOOOOO !!!!.....have you ever been bitten by them? I have been bitten by a good size huntsman ,and when I lived in NSW, I got bitten by a white tail. Both bites hurt ,felt like hot lead was dropped onto my hand by the huntsman and the white tail felt like a pin prick (which at first is what I thought I had done)then it burnt a bit and got really itchy and blistered it took months to heal and am left with a scar on the inside of my finger where it bit me .

They are just so interesting, i really fancy getting one but whenever i see them in the shops, well.... you just cant see them! they are always hiding and never seem to be out. Do you find them very active?

likewise redbellybite. iv been bitten by a white tail. not the nicest of bites. mine came up in a big raised welt which then had about 50 'craters' in it which oozed. it was gross. now i have a scar on my inner arm about the size of a dollar coin. looks like lots of little punture marks inside a circle.

trogdor, how venomous are the spiders in the australian pet trade?

The Aussie T's are nocturnal, so the ones you see in the shops are undoubtedly trying to get some sleep and relief from the fluro lights :lol:
Some species are more surface active than others, typically arid species spend a bit more time in their burrows, with 'rainforest' species being more surface active, but there are always exceptions. And yes, sometimes you are simply buying a 'pet hole'......one of mine is a bit like that...

ugly bloody t's, bit like yourself eh steve :p that sp4 and plumipes are lookin good, make sure you get kotzmans pics up when she arrives

Very nice, got seven of my own, all captive bred. Sorry, dont have any decent pics right now though I will post "em soon. Any one know what the go is with Funnel Webs, availability, price, do I need a permit????? Not fussy on species although Sydney is my preference, interested in any. Ultimate happy day would invovle getting a Northern Funnel Web!!!!!!

The Aussie T's are nocturnal, so the ones you see in the shops are undoubtedly trying to get some sleep and relief from the fluro lights :lol:
Some species are more surface active than others, typically arid species spend a bit more time in their burrows, with 'rainforest' species being more surface active, but there are always exceptions. And yes, sometimes you are simply buying a 'pet hole'......one of mine is a bit like that...

Yep i bought a pet hole as well, being that most hate the light how do you entice them out, my BESpider only comes out in complete darkness to snack on crickets. and usually very late at night. is there a species that is more likely to be seen during daylight for interaction?

Carcass, you don't need a permit or anything out of the ordinary to keep funnel webs, except for PLENTY of experience with spiders and the ability to never let your guard down around them. Not doubting you or anything, it's just they are seriously dangerous animals, never to be underestimated. You'll want to check if your local hospital (Im guessing Cairns) has the correct antivenom for funnelwebs, keeping the worlds most venomous spider warrents a bit of forward-planning :lol: (not joking about checking with the hospital though.....)

There are people around that sell them, not something you will find from the commercial operators though (I don't think, anyway).

Cracks, not really mate, they hate light.

Funnel webs are great.Seriously fast when they want to be though.They literally have prey items subdued in about a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back