Some of me spiders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eerrrr yuck, how can you let that sit on your hand.....I am glad you like them. I am sure they are great but they make me shiver. I will never get use to spiders'.

the 3rd and 4th pics arent Huntsmen, looks very intriguing though.Appears to be sheltering in a web, any other pics of this one?

Sorry, I just noticed your comment :oops: I do have more but as with most of my photos - not real good.
These were taken in the same feed shed - we store molasses in the old fridge and it attracts cockroaches etc - think she was after them?
I put one of the photos you have already seen here too in case you want to have another look.
Anyway curious to see if you can identify her.

Attachments

• Huntsman 3.jpg
    Huntsman 3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Sorry trogdor1988 didn't intend to monopolies your thread with the identifying this spider.

this will be the last post of photos of it and hopefully someone will be able to identify it...

Last edited:
Sorry trogdor1988 didn't intend to monopolies your thread with the identifying this spider.

this will be the last post of photos of it and hopefully someone will be able to identify it...
That pics (1st one on last post) is a good one, the spinnerets are small like a Huntsman, but the Abdomen is fairly bulky for a huntsman, so im not sure unless you've got a head and body shot.

That pics (1st one on last post) is a good one, the spinnerets are small like a Huntsman, but the Abdomen is fairly bulky for a huntsman, so im not sure unless you've got a head and body shot.

No head shots. :(

Thank You for all your input though.

I will take my camera to the feed shed in the future and who knows I may get the opportunity to get some better shots including some of her head.

No head shots. :(

Thank You for all your input though.

I will take my camera to the feed shed in the future and who knows I may get the opportunity to get some better shots including some of her head.
LOL, i went out the front tonight with my old 35mm canon and got some shots of my resident 2 wheel weavers ,(Eriophora transmarina) Hopefully the shots will turn out as they are awesome, but will take me awhile to get them developed.

those r some nice pics
i have a 14cm phlogius sarina, 2 huntsmans, a red back and a wolf spider
i love spiders

Nice T's........whats the temperament like on the species youve posted here ??

:shock: Errrrr.....just out of interest.... when was the funnel web classed as the worlds most venomous ?:?

Sorry about the late reply mate.
Honestly got no idea, but the Sydney funnel web (Im pretty sure, keep in mind there are different species of funnelwebs) is regarded as the worlds most dangerous, and apparently one of the 10 most dangerous creatures on earth. Not bad really.

Honestly got no idea, but the Sydney funnel web (Im pretty sure, keep in mind there are different species of funnelwebs) is regarded as the worlds most dangerous, and apparently one of the 10 most dangerous creatures on earth. Not bad really.

My Bert Brunet book states that the toxin produced by the Funnel web is the deadliest toxin produced by any animal anywhere. Go the Aussies ..

Man i would love some T's ;)... They look awesome...

Regards..
Ash...

Until you see great photos of spiders (like yours trogdor) you don't realise how beautiful and unique spiders are. Although they fascinate me I don't think I would consider having any as contact pets. I am 'brain immune' enough not to let them bother me as much these days and have included a couple of photos of the huntsman spiders I have living here. :)

Is that one of your snakes in that last pic?

This has freaked me out enough to make me lift my feet off the floor.

And I will definately be checking my bed before getting in.

Is that one of your snakes in that last pic?

Sorry, just saw your comment this morning...

Yes it is one of the pythons that live here

I have more/other photos on my thread

but will post a couple of pictures of the snake in question here

thank you for your interest

Attachments

• in the shed wall.jpg
    in the shed wall.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 55
  • snake and spider .jpg
    snake and spider .jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 48
When it comes to aggresiveness and the ability to see them it all depends on the spider, there like snakes in a way. Some will always be mental some will be more calm.

Weird, ive never had any minax, lividum or poecilotheria come with differing personalities ....infact i cant remember any specie ive kept having a different temperament to another spider of the same specie............snakes & lizards yes...but not spiders.

hummmmm....i was under the impression that the phoneutria spp (brazilian wandering spiders) are the deadliest in the world, if i remember correctly it was also listed in the 2007 guiness world record book....have they done tests on atrax venom & found it to be more toxic ?

lol....dont worry about the late reply m8.....ive been guilty of not replying at all before !!:rolleyes:;)

Yes, I have finally managed to get some more photos of the spider in the horse's feed shed!

'she' wasn't in the easiest spot for photos and I had to get down on the floor and aim my camera up...

Last edited:
Yes Mark you are correct, the Brazilian Wandering Spider is considered to be the most toxic in the world.

hummmmm....i was under the impression that the phoneutria spp (brazilian wandering spiders) are the deadliest in the world, if i remember correctly it was also listed in the 2007 guiness world record book....have they done tests on atrax venom & found it to be more toxic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back