Some recent filming...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno from ERD

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day guys,

I thought some of you would be interested to see some photo's of what I've been doing over the last couple of months. ERD was commissioned by The Best Picture Show to supply all the reptiles (apart from crocs) for their series "Your Worst Animal Nightmares" which will air on National Geographic. We used a selection of Death Adders, Coastal Taipans, Eastern Browns and also some "safe" look-a-likes including Olive Pythons, Water Pythons, Childrens Pythons and Bredli.

I've just returned from Mundubbera, about 400km NW of Brisbane after filming Ryan Cole's "Taipan" (Brown Snake...) bite. This kid has to be the unluckiest, yet luckiest kid ever to live. He was bitten by a Brown Snake near Ipswich last year, but like most Brown bites, it was dry. A few weeks ago, he was bitten by another Brown (which was reported as been a Taipan in the media) which seems to have injected venom straight into his bloodstream. Within 30 seconds he was bleeding from his eyes, ears, nose, mouth and bite site, whilst convulsing in the Burnett River. Very lucky kid to survive.

Anyway, here's some photo's...

Photo 1 - One of our Eastern Browns, next to a very realistic prosthetic leg.

Photo 2 - Me positioning an Olive Python for some practice shots before getting the real shots using an Eastern Brown. I don't look very impressed because it's about 35 degrees (had to cycle snakes every 5 minutes), there's about three million flies trying to get into my ears and I have two broken toes.

Photo 3 - Getting the real shots using 1.5 metre Eastern Brown. I've owned this snake for 4 years now and this is the first time we've ever used her for some reason - she did well though.

Photo 4 - The shot we were hoping for...the actor skidding up to the snake on a dirtbike.

Photo 5 - Me keeping an eye on the situation as John Stainton coaxes a defense response out of an Eastern Brown. The actor is on the dirtbike to the left of the photo, and the film crew is on the right.

Not sure when it's going to air, but it should be on Aussie TV later this year.

Attachments

• DSC_0348ed.jpg
    DSC_0348ed.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0358ed.jpg
    DSC_0358ed.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_0361ed.jpg
    DSC_0361ed.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC_0364ed.jpg
    DSC_0364ed.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC_0365ed.jpg
    DSC_0365ed.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 358
cool looks like your having lots of fun, be good to see it when it comes out
nice work

Film work with a well-trained dog is tough enough - full credit to you for doing it with snakes and (esp) vens! When I do work with the dog, everyone likes to pat him. I imagine you got a much wider range of reactions from the crew :lol:

nice umbrella...........that will be the new rage now ORANGE UMBRELLAS ...........let us know when its gonna be on :)

Yeah mate, I am plugging through PM's at the moment, saw yours there. I ended up getting a frantic phone call from the crew needing me up there a day and a half early so I had to abandon ship pretty quick.

Congrats can't wait to see the finished product definately let us know when it is goin to air.

haha. well it's not home and away, cos they use olives as vens.

It'd be interesting to see a new venomous series without the "I'm 10 foot tall and bullet proof" syndrome that vens presenters seem to suffer. There was a joke of a series with some little tattood bikie dud a while ago. It was interesting if you liked watching the presenter talk rot and get bitten. Hope this is differant.

It'd be interesting to see a new venomous series without the "I'm 10 foot tall and bullet proof" syndrome that vens presenters seem to suffer. There was a joke of a series with some little tattood bikie dud a while ago. It was interesting if you liked watching the presenter talk rot and get bitten. Hope this is differant.

He ended up coping a few bites haha

If you read the post, you'll see it's a series on animal attacks, and not a show about animals themselves. We were just supplying the animals. Also, I'm only 6'1" and as my broken toes proves, I'm not even waterslide proof, let alone bullet proof.

If you read the post, you'll see it's a series on animal attacks, and not a show about animals themselves. We were just supplying the animals. Also, I'm only 6'1" and as my broken toes proves, I'm not even waterslide proof, let alone bullet proof.
:lol::lol::lol:gotta love water slides;)

wow jonno, only just saw this. pretty cool. good for u guys too getting the opportunity to do this. would have been hard work, but rewarding when it comes to air i bet. make sure u keep us up to date and let us know when it airs ok.
Mel

G'day guys,

Here's some YouTube links to the finished product. It will most likely be airing in Australia on Channel 9 later this year.

Ryan Cole's bite at Mundubbera - [video=youtube;l4-t-novneo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-t-novneo[/video]

And another bite at Moreton Island - [video=youtube;HYGEpbpqTqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYGEpbpqTqI[/video]

Awesome stuff Jonno,being involved in reptiles and filming your reptiles would be a huge achievement...cant wait to see the show...

hey mate.
nice work, the footage came along real nicly. the vens will see them selve is hollywood in no time.
also that moto track wudnt be in brizzy would it. if not where?
cheers

G'day mate,

It was the motocross track at Mundubbera. The actor riding the bike crashed a few times too, much to our enjoyment. It's amazing what they can do in the editting room...some of it was filmed in the park across the road from my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back