Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange1

Reaction score
Hi all,
last year I went to Thailand for my honeymoon and while we were there we visited the Bangkok Zoo and the Red Cross anti-venom centre. I was just digging through my HDD and found the photos so I thought id post some up. I really dont know most of the species of snakes but here you go anyway!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

enjoy!

1st and 7th are Mangrove Tree Snake (Boiga dendrophila). Last two are retics. 9th looks like an albino Burm. 8th could be a Flying Tree Snake (Chrysopelea spp). The second photo I would have said was a Banded Krait or similar, but not the way the guy is freehandling it!!!

:p

Hix

Most of them look really nice, but the cobra in the 4th pic looks very rough. Was it taken at a diferent place?

Very nice pics,I really liked the 2 Cobras together it was like sicrinised dance moves :D

Awesome pics, love the second shot!!!

does anyone know what those bumps in the cobra's skin are? ive only found that in one specimen up here it was a water python at fogg damn... i thought worms?

MAN thats alot of retics, how do they feed them lol, and whats with their water bowl lol

The large Cobra was shedding, maybe thats why he looks a bit rough. They were handling him and said ti was the only reason they had him out (3 of the workers had fingers missing where he had bitten them :O)

Im pretty sure it was a banded Krait Hix, all the snakes at the Red Cross centre were vens as they were milking them.

Well, you wouldn't catch me free-handling one!!!!!

Hix

Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha)

Strange1 said:
Im pretty sure it was a banded Krait Hix, all the snakes at the Red Cross centre were vens as they were milking them.

he obviosly does it everyday having to milk them... wouldnt worry them they would have the anti venom like literally in a fridge around the corner... retics arent venomous are they?? =/

kwaka_80 said:
he obviosly does it everyday having to milk them... wouldnt worry them they would have the anti venom like literally in a fridge around the corner... retics arent venomous are they?? =/

Firstly, no retics aren't venomous.

Secondly, just because there is antivenom on hand you shouldn't be unconcerned about being bitten. Even if you get the antivenom in your system within a minute of envenomation, you're still going to be quite ill. And if exhibit an anaphalactic reaction - then you're in deep ****.

Rule of Thumb with vens - don't get bitten!

Hix

RE: Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha)

retics arent venomous are they?? =/
id say they were at the zoo not at the red cross centre

Great photo's!
The red cross centre isn't bad for a reptile facility in Thailand, normally they are kept in terrible conditions in other smaller exhibits throughout thailand.
I see the following species:
Mangrove snake
Krait
King Cobra
Yellow anaconda
Red tailed tree racer
Paradise tree snake(Flying tree snake)
Albino Burmese
Albino Cobra
Retic python's

Cheers Neil

Re: RE: Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha

NCHERPS said:
Mangrove snake
Krait
King Cobra

Yellow anaconda
Red tailed tree racer
Albino Burmese
Albino Cobra
Retic python's

Cheers Neil

Yellow Anaconda? Are you sure? I thought it was some odd python, it doesn't look very anaconda-ish to me.

Incidentally, I think the flying tree Snake is the Golden Tree Snake C.ornata, not C.paradisi.

But I could be wrong.

Hix

Sorry the Retics were at the Red cross center. I meant all the snakes in the Red Cross show were vens, my brain just forgot to type that lol!

Yes 1st and 7th Mangrove Snake, 5 looks like a Yellow Anaconda, 8 is Chrysopelea ornata by the look of it, the Green one is Elaphe frenata or Gonyosoma oxycephala but more likely the first.

Hix said:
1st and 7th are Mangrove Tree Snake (Boiga dendrophila). Last two are retics. 9th looks like an albino Burm. 8th could be a Flying Tree Snake (Chrysopelea spp). The second photo I would have said was a Banded Krait or similar, but not the way the guy is freehandling it!!!

Hix

Re: RE: Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha

Hix said:
NCHERPS said:
Mangrove snake
Krait
King Cobra

Yellow anaconda
Red tailed tree racer
Albino Burmese
Albino Cobra
Retic python's

Cheers Neil

Yellow Anaconda? Are you sure? I thought it was some odd python, it doesn't look very anaconda-ish to me.

Incidentally, I think the flying tree Snake is the Golden Tree Snake C.ornata, not C.paradisi.

But I could be wrong.

Hix

Hey Hixy,
Your right mate, looks like Ornata.
Yes 100% certain that it is a yellow anaconda! I should know, I have kept one or two in the past :wink: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back