Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha)

I just did a finger count on picture two. The middle finger seems to be elsewhere.........

Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha)

Hix said:
The second photo I would have said was a Banded Krait or similar, but not the way the guy is freehandling it!!!

Hix

He's the Bob G of Thailand! LOL!

Well, I'll take your word for it on the anaconda then. A mate of mine in London had some hatchies a few years ago - said they would strike at anything that moved, even shadows!

:p

Hix

Did you see many reptiles besides the ones in the snake farm things? I went to Thailand last holidays and was really disappointed that i didnt see more than i did. I only saw a Tockay gecko which i had to climb on top of a building to look at, a green skink (maybe a long tailed sun-skink?), water monitor or clouded monitor probably a water and yellow lipped sea krait - which was the highlight of my holidays, followed it for ages lol

We saw bugger all wildlife in Thailand, they have all been packed into boxes to be sold at the markets :(

Did see one cute little kitty though!

Tiger.jpg

Re: RE: Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahahahha

Hix said:
Well, I'll take your word for it on the anaconda then. A mate of mine in London had some hatchies a few years ago - said they would strike at anything that moved, even shadows!

:p

Hix

They are stroppy as juvies, but not as stroppy as Green anaconda's, they can be evil and hang on! LOL!

Cheers Neil

The dead giveaway is the eyes on top of the head and the eyes and nostrils very close together.

NCHERPS said:
Hey Hixy,

Yes 100% certain that it is a yellow anaconda! I should know, I have kept one or two in the past :wink: .

I went to see a bloke called Simon Townsen years ago with the intention of buying a yellow anaconda he had bred, they were possessed by the Devil. I actually ended up buying another Retic I think from memory.

NCHERPS said:
They are stroppy as juvies, but not as stroppy as Green anaconda's, they can be evil and hang on! LOL!

Cheers Neil

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Some snake pics from Thailand (56K bahah

Did you see many reptiles besides the ones in the snake farm things? I went to Thailand last holidays and was really disappointed that i didnt see more than i did. I only saw a Tockay gecko which i had to climb on top of a building to look at, a green skink (maybe a long tailed sun-skink?), water monitor or clouded monitor probably a water and yellow lipped sea krait - which was the highlight of my holidays, followed it for ages lol

Never been there myself, but you have to go to the right areas I guess.
My mates go there rock climbing most years and they say it's thick with about 7 species of gecko and a stack of larger lizards too.

I went to Bali last year and it was great for herps, just got to stay up in the mountainous areas like Ubud ect. think I found seven different herps in the first ten minutes!! There are that many geckoes and toads that you accidently step on them if you are not carefull! Oh is that single cobra a King?? looks as the person in the corner of the photo has safety glasses?

I actually saw a cool looking gecko on this long brick wall in the middle of Bangkok, I got my camera out to take a pic and this guard came running over with a machine gun yelling at me to put the camera away :O

I dont know what was behind the wall, but they didnt want me to have a camera out anywhere near it!

Yeah, I'd put that in the "to hard basket" and move along to :wink:

i went to the zoo in phuket and there was a tiger that you could get your picture taken with and the guy wholooked after the tiger and took the picture with you and the tiger only had one arm....it was a bit off putting hahaha it was really funny

Awesome pics Strange1!!

Thanks for sharing.

I'll have to make sure I check out the zoo etc next time I go to Thailand..been there 6 times and haven't visited them once!!! :(

Bangkok zoo was actually pretty good, I mean it wasnt going to be on the same level as Taronga, but most of the animals looked healthy and happy and seemed to have a good mix of food.
Was a great escape from the heat aswell for us!

Just wandering how much it cost to get a shot with the tiger?

We actually went to the Tiger temple, where the Buddist monks look after abandoned Tigers. They all roam free in the grounds and you can go and take you pic with them etc. If you go with a group it wasnt that expensive.

yeah i heard it was like a gold coin donation or something. would be my wildest dream to go there and see tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back