Some southern Angle headed pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paleoherp

Reaction score
I've been giving my Angle headeds there weekly overhaul, so I thought I would share some pics.
2 yearling's which are looking like they are female and a 2 year old male which I picked up just before Christmas. And since his introduction it has been quite entertaining as you could imagine.
I love these dragons, they are the only lizards I keep these days and they are always a hit with the kids.
If you have any pics of Angle headeds or boyds, feel free to share, would love to see them.

Attachments

• P1100039.jpg
    P1100039.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Angle headeds 2008 p2.jpg
    Angle headeds 2008 p2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Angle headeds 2008 p1.jpg
    Angle headeds 2008 p1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Your right, they are beautiful little guys for sure.
I started off with Angles and then went to Boyds, I reckon they are the most interesting looking dragon in Australia.
And going by your name, these 2 lizards are the closest looking to Dinosaurs. :)

Here's a couple of Boyds pics... I'll try and find some angle pics.

Attachments

• baby boyd 10.9.08 email.jpg
    baby boyd 10.9.08 email.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 117
  • close up male 22.5.08 email.jpg
    close up male 22.5.08 email.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 117
  • little boyds.jpg
    little boyds.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 112
Love the Boyds Southside, I would love to get a couple but unfortunately I am in Vic and we're not allowed to keep them last time I checked.
My Dinosaur and reptile fascination went hand in hand as a child.

Paleoherp they are great - so is that tank! Where did you get it? It would be so good to keep frogs in!

these are my 2 angleheads, they awaome little guys, they are a suspected pair male is on top :D . so if anynoe can sex them via pic please do so as you wish :)

Attachments

• SG1S3304.JPG
    SG1S3304.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 139
these are my 2 angleheads, they awaome little guys, they are a suspected pair male is on top :D . so if anynoe can sex them via pic please do so as you wish :)

Other way around I reckon- Males are usually a plain brown and females mottled with much more patterning:

So, female on top, likely male on bottom.

Male:

DSCN4773-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pics of our angle heads. Female (top) and Male, and other females. Pics of hatchies who entered the big wide world today. Cute little guys. We have two colonies of AH and absolutely love them.

Attachments

• DSC01351 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01351 aussie pythons.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC01352 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01352 aussie pythons.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01349 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01349 aussie pythons.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01347 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01347 aussie pythons.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC01346 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01346 aussie pythons.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 72
Nick could you plz let me know what you think mine are??

I know one of my 3 are female as she laid eggs recently lol...

Attachments

• Mr Joshua.jpg
    Mr Joshua.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 94
  • squeak.jpg
    squeak.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 97
Itbites, angle on right is definitely a female and left looks to be a male. Generally females have lots of patterning and the males are much plainer.

Thanx moose :p interesting...was supposed to be a male lol

Is there any other way to determine sex?

I was told by a keeper at Coffs Habour zoo some time ago to look above the eye to see if it has "eye lashes". If you look at the females posted in this thread you will see thin black lines above the eye whereas the males wont have this. I dont know how consistant this is but has been true with all the ones Ive seen around coffs that were gravid.

seeing as these guys need no heat do they grow at a slower rate than most other herps?

Another way to tell is females are generally bigger and they have three lines that run across their heads. Am just in process of getting photos and will post soon.
Photo of our enclosure shown here for Kupper

Attachments

• DSC01356 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01356 aussie pythons.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 61
Following photos show lines on female head as opposed to plain male head.
Kupper, they probably do grow slightly slower than other dragons particularly during winter periods, when they don't eat much.

Attachments

• DSC01357 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01357 aussie pythons.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01358 aussie pythons.jpg
    DSC01358 aussie pythons.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 63
they are definantly a very interesting species of dragon one i wouldnt mind keeping !!
mooseman i sent you a pm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back