Someone is going to explain to me NFL

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I didnt read the whole post but since football is the thing to do on Sundays here in the states, I'll have a crack at explaining some basic rules.

You have 11 players on offense and 11 on defence. The offence has 4 tries to gain 10 yards. If they do that, the downs start over. So a 3rd and 8 (Bal 40) is third down, 8 yards to go...the ball is on the Baltimore 40 yard line.

Scoring is 6 pts for a touchdown, 1pt for the try after 2pts for a safety and 3 points for a fieldgoal.

Touchdowns are scored either by running or passing the ball across the goal line.

A fieldgoal is usually attempted when its 4th down and inside the opponents 35 yd line.

The playing field is 100 yds long and 50yds wide. Not counting the endzones. So from goal line to goal line.

Once its 4th down you have 3 options, try to get the first down, kick a field goal or punt the ball.

Hope that helps a bit. Feel free to ask anything about the game. I love watching it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in New York at the moment and am popping through to see a game in the next couple of days. I wish I understood it :lol: ..... I'm going for the hotdogs :lol:

That's why I wanna go. My cousin over there said the college games are as big as the pro league....

Division 1 college is actually bigger than pro football crowd wise. The big colleges can have up to 110,000 fans. The pro team closest to me, their stadium holds 69,000. Football games are loads of fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That's why I wanna go. My cousin over there said the college games are as big as the pro league....
I've been watching a few of the college games whilst couped up in a few bars each night (I still don't get the rules etc) but it seems to make more sense the more I drink :lol: One thing I will say about the college games is they're quite professionally run/organized.

Add to that, they havent even read the rules.... some of those passes are 'way forward'! :shock::lol:

There is obviously no money in that game.... they cant even afford to put 2 legs on thier goal posts :facepalm:
those 2 lines have to be the funniest thing ive seen you write on this forum ratbag especially that first one how can i make that my signature

I've been watching a few of the college games whilst couped up in a few bars each night (I still don't get the rules etc) but it seems to make more sense the more I drink :lol: One thing I will say about the college games is they're quite professionally run/organized.

Very....

- - - Updated - - -

Only egg chasing I watch Is Union......

I understand more of nfl than union , how can one guy push 2 guys heads up 3 guys r soles ..... my brother played it and I hated it....... go the packers .......

- - - Updated - - -

Have a few for me at a college game mate, I'm on call so you have to have mine this week...

Careful with that sense of humour there Captain...;)

Yeah..... I would certainly know how to get myself killed in Kamerica :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

those 2 lines have to be the funniest thing ive seen you write on this forum ratbag especially that first one how can i make that my signature

Awww shucks.... (blushing) :lol:

Sure you can use the line ;)

Actually, to be honest, where I used to work there was a guy who had grown up in Kamerica, then moved to Oz.... at lunchtime we used to throw (try to anyway) the american football..... we could all throw the ball all of 20' or something..... Dereck would effortlessly throw it in a perfect rotating trajectory 3 or 4 times the distance..... we all had dislocated shoulders and hernias to get it 20' or so :rolleyes:

The skill of those NFL players is absolutely awesome..... especially concidering they will often have great big (6' tall and 6' wide) black dude charging them like a rhino on heat as they try to line up the throw :shock:

Not that I completely understand the rules etc, it is a great spectical to watch. A very tactical game.....

Last edited:
Careful with that sense of humour there Captain...;)
Woah there chief, I was just joking.:) I can understand why some don't like the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah..... I would certainly know how to get myself killed in Kamerica :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Awww shucks.... (blushing) :lol:

Sure you can use the line ;)

Actually, to be honest, where I used to work there was a guy who had grown up in Kamerica, then moved to Oz.... at lunchtime we used to throw (try to anyway) the american football..... we could all throw the ball all of 20' or something..... Dereck would effortlessly throw it in a perfect rotating trajectory 3 or 4 times the distance..... we all had dislocated shoulders and hernias to get it 20' or so :rolleyes:

The skill of those NFL players is absolutely awesome..... especially concidering they will often have great big (6' tall and 6' wide) black dude charging them like a rhino on heat as they try to line up the throw :shock:

Not that I completely understand the rules etc, it is a great spectical to watch. A very tactical game.....
It's hard to tell with you, are you joking about skill of NFL players, and Kamerica? Lol what do you mean by that?

It's hard to tell with you, are you joking about skill of NFL players, and Kamerica? Lol what do you mean by that?

No offense intended cali.... as you prolly know, us ockers like to take the micky out of our yankie brothers across the pond, same as you guys do with us over here......

The funny comments were just the usual cr@p ..... but in all seriousness, I find the game quite fascinating and the skill and tactics of the game.... even though I dont fully understand it ;)

So, initial posts - BS
Last post - serious :shock:;)

No offense intended cali.... as you prolly know, us ockers like to take the micky out of our yankie brothers across the pond, same as you guys do with us over here......

The funny comments were just the usual cr@p ..... but in all seriousness, I find the game quite fascinating and the skill and tactics of the game.... even though I dont fully understand it ;)

So, initial posts - BS
Last post - serious :shock:;)
Ahh gotcha. No offense taken. I can usually handle the truth, it's when people spew nonsense is what gets under my skin. I didn't understand the game either till I started to play. The best part is you don't have to understand the game to enjoy it. What more can you ask of besides beer and babes? Food? We got that to.

Ok.... Now it's time to clarify to me penalties.... What can you get penalised for? What happens with a penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back