Something fishy in your beer?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is only one thing, ONE, lacking in a coventional vegan diet.
B12...

.... because i can get everything that is good in meat elsewhere, without all the negatives

not only B12, taste too:lol:

maybe so, but you show me a vegan meal that tastes half as good as a nice juicey rib eye on the grill.........mmmmmm...steak;)

and i can't see anyone (well no one i know anyway) standing round knockn back a few coldys on a friday night whilst cooking a vegan meal on the bbq:rolleyes:

dunno103...
i don't see a vegan denying my pythons food.... in fact as we speak i see one pulling a rat out of the freezer....
probably because unlike us, the python cannot get all it needs from vegetables, and also unlike us, the python cannot choose to go without meat, and we have no right to make that choice for it.
those are the vegan downstairs words.

yes herbivores breed on their own.... but there isn;t a single domesticated food animal that would ever exist in the numbers they are in now... starvation on the scale we have caused by drought is OUR fault for inflating numbers beyond the size sustainable by the land they are on.

and yes, potassium is in bananas..... amazingly, they aren't meat, so i fail to see your point.
if you mean to imply that the avg meat eater, because they eat meat gets enough potassium because they MIGHT have a banana or 2 a week.... excuse me while i laugh.... even on a daily basis a banana fails to give you the recomended amount.

and bundy..... finally a sensible comment!
the only benefit to meat.... taste!
thats why i still eat it.
but i do so in te knowledge that our farming practices are unnecesaraly cruel (ethicly raised and killed meat if you can find it tastes AMAZING!!!!)
and that it is bad for me and offers not a single nutritional benefit to me.

these days i eat very little meat, but spend as much money on it as when i ate alot....
everyone wins.... my body gets less meat, less animals die, and it tastes so much better my brain melts as that wagu delicously slides down my throat

dunno103...
i don't see a vegan denying my pythons food.... in fact as we speak i see one pulling a rat out of the freezer....
probably because unlike us, the python cannot get all it needs from vegetables, and also unlike us, the python cannot choose to go without meat, and we have no right to make that choice for it.
those are the vegan downstairs words.

I find vegan ethics very amusing. It is quite possible that you could keep a snake on vegan food, its just pointless like with every other animal. Do the rats have to be vegans? or can they be fed animal stuff?

the ethics to veganism varies...

i know some who are about animal rights, others about health, other more about farming practices, some religous, some who believe we should be because we have evolved to a point where we don't need to kill.

and while i know some vegans try and feed carnivous animals a vegan diet, amongst the vegans i know.... and that isn;t a small number when counting those i know professionally aswell.... not one thinks it is humane or fair to deny an animal not capable of choosing to forgo meat, its natural diet.

the ethics to veganism varies...

i know some who are about animal rights, others about health, other more about farming practices, some religous, some who believe we should be because we have evolved to a point where we don't need to kill.

and while i know some vegans try and feed carnivous animals a vegan diet, amongst the vegans i know.... and that isn;t a small number when counting those i know professionally aswell.... not one thinks it is humane or fair to deny an animal not capable of choosing to forgo meat, its natural diet.

But the simple fact is you have chosen to get an animal that requires this to be done, its a lifestyle choice that requires animals to be killed. I cant really understand why someone wouldnt have a leather belt because it is made from an animal yet would choose to keep a pet that requires many animals to be killed.

so if you love animals, and as such choose not to be the end user in their death, you can't keep them because they eat other animals?

my girlfriend is vegan because she thinks common farming practices are unethical, and takes no part in it, she also loves animals and doesn't wish to be the cause of their deaths. she also knows her diet is healthier.
she knows all this, so she makes a choice, not to use any animal products.

i did not make that choice, so i eat meat
and our animals cannot make that choice, so they eat meat

she has no right to choose for them, or me, so she doesn't.... although she prefers i eat meat that is ethically raised/killed, and we make sure our rats are well raised.
but it is unfair to impose her lifestyle choice on to others, especially those wholey dependant on her.

the key point for her is about choice.
she doesn't like people thrusting meat on her, so why should she thrust veganism on them

Yes... yes I see how all this is related to beer and the fish gut in it... thanks guys for staying on task.. It's so relaxing to know we all have opinions...

Now where's my beer fried rice....

Forensick, your gf is a hypocrite, she doesn't allow you to use a non-vege shampoo, but lets you eat meat!!! Why the hell does she let you keep an animal that was bred from animals dragged from their environment to amuse or profit another animal eater???? In how many other ways does she stray from her "beliefs"???

Sorry to stray off track slim6y but I love a beer and keeping my herps and don't want another minority voice stopping my enjoyment.

Forensick, your gf is a hypocrite, she doesn't allow you to use a non-vege shampoo, but lets you eat meat!!! Why the hell does she let you keep an animal that was bred from animals dragged from their environment to amuse or profit another animal eater???? In how many other ways does she stray from her "beliefs"???

Sorry to stray off track slim6y but I love a beer and keeping my herps and don't want another minority voice stopping my enjoyment.

because i am stopping your enjoyment? she is?
nether she nor i posted here raving that all vegans are stupid and their belief are baseless.
and she doesn't force her beliefs upon people or condemn those that don't conform to hers...
that sounds like... i don't know... you?

we share shampoo...
we don;t share food...

and she lets her animals eat meat because they cant choose not to.
i eat meat because i choose too.

she doesnt stray because she doesn't use animals products. where is the straying.

Do they use animal products to fertilise the soil that the food is farmed in? If so wouldnt that make them unsuitable for vegans?

slim6y
Thanks for this I was actually just sitting here having a beer (Carlton Mid) when I read this. And definately made me think about taking a further sip :)
Ally

I'm having another beer and enjoying it again.

forensick* if you can choose meat why not shampoo, I don't use my gf's. Don't put words in my mouth and who the hell is ranting? my posts are short.

Cris, you are absolutely right, they think they can research everything about their consumption, but "The Body Shop" had a court case with one of their suppliers who duped them into thinking that it was vegan friendly. How many other suppliers are cutting the red tape to enhanse their own profit?

True people who really care about animals should never buy anything made in places where they exploit animal rights, the Asian countries come to mind. Japan and their whaling, China have the bear bile collection, just to name 2, there are thousnads more. Do you own a tv, mobile phone or walkman (japanese probably) or do you buy stuff made in China??

This was longer and made me rant a little because of the ranting comment.

think about it.

Caustichumour, just to satisfy the "too serious" people on here, I don't think you actually chuck your guts up, it just can make you vomit. LOL

But like you I think it may just be a rumour, but why do I have to retype eveery second word, can't be the fishy beer can it?

Going a bit off the subject here guys!!!
slim6ys thread was posted about fish guts and beer!!
Everyone has the right to an opinion without being criticised.

That said, I don't feel real hungry anymore. and that bottle of wine in the fridge can stay there a bit longer too :( . Was really looking forward to popping that cork too. Weak stomach.
Does anyone else have any other ' I bet you didn't know what was in this food/drink' stories? Keep 'em coming!!

Just got back, had to get another beer.

Do you know how they make fish sauce in Vietnam? A girl from Vietnam told me and it sounds truly disgusting.

Where does a vegans calcium come from? come on foresick or don't they need it?

Back on track, I am enjoying this beer, but I can't smell or taste the fishguts.

calcium comes from vegetables....

you'll find most things like that have multiple sources...

well you would find... but clearly actually looking into anything is something a bit beyond you...
its not like i'd know, not like i have spent the last 8 years studying food nutrition dietetics gastronomy and biochemistry....

calcium comes from vegetables....

you'll find most things like that have multiple sources...

well you would find... but clearly actually looking into anything is something a bit beyond you...
its not like i'd know, not like i have spent the last 8 years studying food nutrition dietetics gastronomy and biochemistry....

Forensick, agreed, but having done so much study in this area, does it not do you a disservice making misleading statements that sound like vegetables give the full dietary requirement for calcium??

Considering the average 19 to 50 year old requires 1000mgs a day, the chart on the link following would show the amount of calcium in most veggies to be negligible, and therefore, supplements would indeed be required??

http://citracal.com/Calcium/Foods/Vegetables.aspx

Text books are all well and good, and studying is certainly to be applauded. But getting facts right are of the most importance when it comes to subjects that conern health.

(by the way, it took me five minutes to work this out, and it was free!!)

Beer contains at least 1000% of your dietary intake required in vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and fish supplements.

Guiness contains iron doesn't it?

Oh... here's another 'did you know' fact - but it won't put you off your beer this time:

Did you know that the bubbles in beer are carbon dioxide? Little bubbles of carbon dioxide are usually formed in the fermentation process. Just like us, the yeast breath - and they breath out carbon dioxide which fizzes up our natural beers. But most beers these days are brewed, filtered (through fish gut) and they go flat - so they re-carbonate them with soda stream like mechanisms. So the carbon dioxide in your beer is usually fro,... yes get this... usually from oil refineries!!!

But wait there's more...

The carbon dioxide could come from sewage works if it were more acceptable... Unfortunately it seems oil refineries win on this one....

Ok... this wasn't the only fact I wanted to share:

One day I went on a beer tour at Canterbury Breweries in Christchurch (NZ). They have a lot of lovely tasting beers there. They had two HUGE vats of liquid nitrogen. I asked the fellow if that was for some cooling process that is required during the brewing of one of their speciality beers. The reply took me back quite a step.

He said that at Canterbury Breweries they are one of the few places outside of Ireland where Guiness and Kilkenny can be brewed.

Now instead of carbon dioxide in the Guiness which forms large bubbles, they use nitrogen in liquid form - the nitrogen forms the smaller bubbles which give Guiness and Kilkenny the characteristic foamy head that we're so used to. If it was carbon dioxide the head may not last as long.

Now the liquid nitrogen is forced into a device called the widget, and when the can is opened the pressure difference causes the widget to erupt and sending gaseous nitrogen through the beer.

So - not all beer just contains carbon dioxide... Nice to know???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back