Something In My Shoe

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Got a call yesterday from a guy saying he
put his foot in his boot and felt something move.
He didnt try to see what it was,
instead he rang me,
or rather, he rang the RSPCA and got my number,
then asked if he could bring the boot around.
Well of course I have to film it.
Hope you enjoy the visit as much as I did.
[video=youtube;HGaemEJZXd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGaemEJZXd4[/video]

4 foot tigersnake...lol

So glad they called and didn't do something stupid.

They obviously picked up the boot to put it in the tub, why wouldn't you just take the tub out bush and tip it on it's side, stand well back and let the offending critter depart of it's own accord.

Thanlyou for sharing that video clip.

What a nice experience for those two little girls, bet they'll be telling all their friends about the big friendly lizard who was living in dad's boot. Lucky kids to have a such nice close encounter and to get the chance to hold and pat such a nice lizard.

Mum's pretty fantastic with the bluey too. She's handled lizards before and I bet she was Tom boy when she was girl.

So did the bluetongue go home with them to be adopted and kept as a pet (for while) or to be let go in their garden/yard ?

Last edited:
They obviously picked up the boot to put it in the tub, why wouldn't you just take the tub out bush and tip it on it's side, stand well back and let the offending critter depart of it's own accord.

Because people's irrational fear takes over, it's not that simple. He did the right thing, i commend the guy for doing it. He could of done anything to it.

I know alot of people that would of just dumped the whole boot in a pool of bucket of water.

Because people's irrational fear takes over, it's not that simple. He did the right thing, i commend the guy for doing it. He could of done anything to it.

I know alot of people that would of just dumped the whole boot in a pool of bucket of water.

I'm betting dad knew it was some kind of lizard who he found staring back at him when he picked his boots up to slip them on.
I'm also betting he's counting his lucky stars that it was lizard and not something like a big vemonous spider or a venomous snake who crawled into it and took up residence and that he'll put a rolled up sock in the top of his boots in future to keep critters out of them.

Last edited:
I guess, just seems like a whole lot of fuss over a simple critter in a boot. But I'm pretty OK with having to deal with this sort of stuff, I'd imagine it might be a more unusual situation for someone born and raised in the city IYKWIM.

that was awesome :D I hope you drenched your hand with F10 barry after being in that dirty looking boot

I guess, just seems like a whole lot of fuss over a simple critter in a boot. But I'm pretty OK with having to deal with this sort of stuff, I'd imagine it might be a more unusual situation for someone born and raised in the city IYKWIM.

Majority of people have little or no exposure to or experience with reptiles.
How about we stop for negative things to say and enjoy the video and the good outcome for what it is - a very special moment for those two little girls.

Nawwww how cute was that. Did they see that it was a lizard before you said it was a tiger snake? They would have freaked watching you put your hook down and using your hands to pull it out?

I don't think what I said was negative, all I did was acknowledge the point made by another poster that it was good that they hadn't done anything bad to it and that there's a good chance they hadn't had the exposure to reptiles that those of us who live more rurally do. But sure make it a negative if you wish.

snakeynewbie I was a rescuer for FAWNA for a few years and you wouldn't believe how many snake call outs I had just to find the offender was only a blue tongue lizard. Ppl see skin and/or tail, and are too scared to look any further in case it is something more dangerous. Not a bad thing to do either. The ppl probably felt stupid, as I have seen they do, but I say to them, if you don't know you're better off not finding out the hard way. No harm done, the lizard goes free and all is safe and happy. :D

Lol it seemed like a very friendly blue tongue. Good work mate.

Love the four-foot tiger snake. I was surprised to see that the bluey, while not relaxed, tolerated being handled so well. And how cool were those girls? It's great to see them so excited and interested. Thanks for sharing, Baz. It put a big smile on my face.

They rang today to say the made a family thing of
releasing the bluey into nearby bushland and the kids said goodbye ect,
was very cute i imagine.
That makes it about a dozen bluies ive be phoned about in the last couple of months.
Yeah, had to share that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back