something you dont see everyday

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasssss

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
so was walking out to the shed this morning when 2 of these skinks ( i think their eastern water skinks ? ) came rushing towards me , startled i paused when the one infront tripped in the grate drain then the one following lunged and bit her on the neck and they started rolling around that was when i noticed that it must of been a male and a female mating as he looked to be trying to align his you know what ;) this happened literally a meter or so in front of me

after watching for a minute or 2 i went to get my camera to try and get a few shots but i startled the boy a bit and he let go so the girl made a run for it , i didnt get any pics of the action obviously but did get one of the boy he sat their for a while , a little cut that he just lost his date i think

so one question i do have is , is this species normally this rough when it comes to mating or is he just a naughty boy

Attachments

• IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 174
Mostly skinks do this, and if you thought that was rough you should see a bluey or shingleback go at it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back