Soundwave cancelled.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep hearing different stories about why it's cancelled. So pissed off though. Better get a full refund

I saw Limp Bizkit years ago, not a bad night out but it was at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, personally, I prefer smaller, more intimate gigs. The crushing incident was at The Big Day Out, Limp Bizkit got blamed but it was actually Ramstien that hyped the crowd up into a frenzy, they play the set before Limp Bizkit.

kaotikjezta;2018034Limp Bizkit got blamed but it was actually Ramstien that hyped the crowd up into a frenzy said:
I guess flame throwers and fake genitalia which squirts out water have a tendency to do that to a crowd..

I haven't read too much regarding it, but canceling it just seemed really odd. Surely they could have gone on without an act or two attending?? The line-up looked pretty good!

I nearly cried when I heard it was cancelled! I was SO excited about seeing Devin Townsend and Gojira :(

Not sure how legit this is, but I came across this today.

Soundwave Revolution Cancelled Because Of Aerosmith Backing Out & Lagging Ticket SalesTuesday, 9 August 2011
When it was announced that the Soundwave Revolution festival in Australia was cancelled yesterday, some fans were quick to blame Van Halen, assuming that they must have pulled out of the festival. The truth is, Van Halen DID NOT pull out of Soundwave Revolution, and had nothing to do with the festival being cancelled.
The promoter had been planning on securing one or two additional headliners, which he was unable to do. Triple M in Australia revealed today that AEROSMITH was the unannounced second headliner that pulled out of the festival. Between Aerosmith backing out, and lagging ticket sales, the promoter decided to cancel the festival.

i nearly paid the $163 just to see Alice Cooper... but i'm glad that i haven't, i love alice but he's an act that needs to be seen at thebbie theatre. i'm going to see Carl Barron instead with my bestie for our birthdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back