South park.. steve irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im a big fan of south park and im also a big fan of steve irwin but i still would like to see the episode :)

how would you feel if you were his family haveing people make fun of him so soon after his death

people get lower and lower,first germaine greer attacks irwin the DAY he died.

then that loser rapper from america "raskass" puts lyrics of irwins death in his new song.... he said "your the crocodile hunter..im a stingray!"

and now this,south park has always been sick and distastful,its a bit disconcerting that people can make fun of someone else's death.. steve was a great man,and all the tribute's to him have been beautiful and heart warming,and i cant believe how low some people can stoop..watching south park already lowers your inteliegence,so what now? theyve gone to making fun of an icons death.

it's a sad,sad world we live in.

have any of you thaught about what kind of effect this south park episode could have on steves children not that they would watch the show put it has allready bin plasted on the news. im also noticing that alot of people are of the opinion that just because the show has always bin in bad taste that its ok. so people can watch the show if they want thats fine everyone is entiteld to their own opinion but they cant say that they miss him or that they respected him. because they dont if they can watch some thing so disrespectfull and find it entertaining. like you said bench warmer its a sad world we live in.

i cant believe the amount of really really silly reactions to southpark. Ilove the show, and it is only fitting that steve gets ripped off. Lets face it, the guy was a bit of a caricature anyway.

Irrespective of how distasteful, (i think it needs to be pointed out that that is the whole point) matt stone and trey parker have been doing this kind of stuff for a long time now. I think more to the point, the show makes more fun about the reaction to his death.

The disclaimer at the start of the show, this material is offensive and is not intended to be watched by anyone. The funny part is that people dont get the idea behind southpark

i agree with ihaveherps. in the news they dont tell u wat the actual story line of the episode is it just says that in a south park episode it shows steve irwin with a stingray through his heart. its meant to make people draw conclusions about how distasteful it must be and how atrocious it is. from wat ive seen of the episode, it shows the devil at his party greeting guests and stuff, then he sees steve, says his "fancy dress" is kinda insensitive with him only being dead for 8 weeks and asks him to leave, then steve convinces him hes the real deal. im not sayin its fine, i think its definitely a bit soon to be makin jokes, but it does have a crack at those people such as germaine greer and raskass being complete idiots at an inappropriate time.

I think its all a bit of fun and i think every one is forgetting that steve was able to laugh at him self and things that happened and i dont think he would have taken offence to it..... i think that although he was australian the americans loved him more then us in there way i have heard so many things said about him being over the top and to full of it and making australains seem grematicly inept ( god i think i misspelt that). then those same people are crying when he dies...

yes it has been only 8 weeks but he was a fun loveing happy go lucky guy...

If the energy wasted on all these tributes and stuff that people have done by putting RIP every where and the fussing over a tv show would have been cash donations to his founds to help animals... it would have been a better way of show the "love" everyone felt.

the thing that disgusted me the most,is i saw the pic of him in the episode..

steve is wearing bloody soaked khaki's with the sting ray STILL hanging out of his chest with the spike still in his heart, that is what made me sick to the stomach.. if he was in the show normally,i wouldnt have mind so much..

but HOW could they put him there,with blood soaked khaki's and the stingray hanging of his chest with the barb in him,distasteful,disturbing,and it spits on everything steve was about.tarnishes the memory of him. south park should be taken off tv.

Its not anything different from what they always do, making light of distressing situations in distasteful ways, I am sure none of it is made as a serious attack against someone. It is also IMO less distasteful than some of the media coverage after his death that villainised sting rays, and far less distasteful than the killing of the stingrays that many people endeavoured in as if he would have wanted some sort of revenge.

sth park is about pushing boundaries...
even if someone feels its to soon to soon, or just wrong,
thats a personnel opinion...
its very easy to change the channel with a remote control...
i hope sth park always continue to push boundaries....
funny watching adults offened over a cartoon lol

to all the disgusted members;
were u all disgusted aswell at the "team america" movie aswell
for the portayal of muslims..... or u only care when u think u have
some personnel connection...live to steve....
geez...get a real problem lol

So what its a cartoon, they have been taking him off for ages in bad taste, with the whole "im going to stick my thumb up its bum hol and **** it off" line.

Cabbarita- I stated my disgust was at the whole show...no matter the episode.

They are all offensive, disgusting and should be banned IMHO.

We wonder why people do the things they do when they watch trash like that.

I think it was very offensive and pathetic of them to do that

And I agree, I dont like the show itself, which makes it 10 times worse I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back