Southern Angle Headed Dragon Tips

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KREPS2011

Reaction score
Im just posting some tips that may help some people on some care for Southern Angle Headed Dragons. (from my experence)

When i got my first 2 Southern Angle Headed Dragons i was told never to put heat on them. No matter how cold it went.
But since talking to some people on here. I learnt you should give them a bit of heat.

Also untill they get to a good size and age keep them in a small enclosure. Just to make sure they are eating everything u give them.

Some say make sure they have vertical branches to climb on. This may be true but in my experence i say dont have any while they are young.

A example on what happened with mine.
I had no heat at all with mine for atleast 3 months. And had them in a 2ft long, 2 1/2 ft high, 1 1/2 ft wide. They werent that active and werent eating much at all.
Since moving them to a smaller enclosure and adding some heat they have been more active and smashing down their food.
Sheding atleast once every 2 weeks, while before they only sheded twice in their bigger enclosure.

Just to keep in mind.
Im not a very experenced reptile keeper, But i have learnt alot from alot of people over the last few months.
If people would like to add some good advice feel free.

(hope this makes sence lol)
Cheers
Kyle

In saying you add heat, I might just add don't add too much heat and only do it in climates where you feel necessary to do it as a example I heat one corner of a enclosure to about 28-29 max and make sure that the bottom won't go bellow 18-20. Then when the warmer months come I only provide uv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back