Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southside Morelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can you guys give me some of your learned opinions on the species of this guy. I wont tell you what I purchased him as until I have your guys opinions. How do you think he'll colour up, he's only 4 months old now.
Cheers...
Doh, here we go...

Attachments

• Homer.jpg
    Homer.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hi all,
Can you guys give me some of your learned opinions on the species of this guy. I wont tell you what I purchased him as until I have your guys opinions. How do you think he'll colour up, he's only 4 months old now.
Cheers...
need pics

lol, the suspense is killing me lol. It looks like a jungle, but maybe cape jungle?

Im sticking by Morelia spilota imbricata, Morelia spilota cheynei or Morelia spilota mcdowelli, maybe a cape location.

southern jungle. possibly originated from the murry falls area.?

Just because everyone has said jungle of some sort, i am going to go with a coastal carpet, just because they can come in so many differnet colourings. But i am prob wrong i know...:)

that is more than likely a generic captive bred carpet python with no provenience or locality. My guess is the breeder paired either two similar looking animlas or any two carpets they could find. I laugh at how many people seem to feel the need to assign their animal to a specific type or local, especially based on appreaence which is the least accurate guide.
I'm sure you have a happy, healthy snake which should thrive and on day breed so long as you look after it so I wouldn't be too worried as to the possible origins of it's ancestors when really all your getting is random stabs in the dark.

Im sticking by Morelia spilota imbricata, Morelia spilota cheynei or Morelia spilota mcdowelli, maybe a cape location.

imbricata? looks nothing like one, i'm going for a jungle after seeing dad

Iv'e just had brekky and returned, cool response, but does anyone like it?
It is a Jungle, not 100% sure of locale.
Here's a close up of the pattern, one scale black, hopefully should colour up a creamish yellow, a bit brighter than Dad.
I have my Black & Canary yellow jungles but this is a little different. I'm hoping for "jagish" type looks. How do you guys think it will go?
Keen to hear your opinions!

Attachments

• close up pattern.jpg
    close up pattern.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back