spencer progress

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenmouse

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
here is Anna my spencers monitor 18months on at 85cm her partner from a different clutch (same age ) is half her size when you pick a spencers hatchling i highly recomend you try and get one that is a good eater.

Attachments

• DSC01177.JPG
    DSC01177.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC01179.JPG
    DSC01179.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 121
Very nice, Id like to get myself a couple of spencers in the future. How big is the enclosure?

she is in a 1500/600/600 but its far too small for her now i have an outdoor set up under construction atm that is 3000/1200/2000 with a small pond that is 900/800 the floor is 600 from the ground made out of 3cm thick cement sheet with the pond recessed into it to alow draining it has a transperant corigated roof and the internals are made out of plain finished mini orb. will post pictures when completed.

Nice Spencers! :)
The coolest of monitors, as far as I knew they were all greedy pigs :D
Cheers
Adam

most of them are you get the odd one that takes a while to start eating well but yeah i dont know of any adult spencers that wont try and take your fingers off at dinner time

here is Anna my spencers monitor 18months on at 85cm her partner from a different clutch (same age ) is half her size when you pick a spencers hatchling i highly recomend you try and get one that is a good eater.

They seem to vary in size quite a lot, even though ive never seen one that doesnt eat well i have found that some just grow at differant rates and some are simply bigger than others. I have a small female and a largish male, some of the offspring are small some are big, the small ones dont appear weak and are good feeders. I have also seen quite a few smaller sized adults for sale and have read others say similar things about their growth rates and size differance. I dont think smaller ones are any better or worse than big ones, each have their advantages and disadvantages.

They seem to vary in size quite a lot, even though ive never seen one that doesnt eat well i have found that some just grow at differant rates and some are simply bigger than others. I have a small female and a largish male, some of the offspring are small some are big, the small ones dont appear weak and are good feeders. I have also seen quite a few smaller sized adults for sale and have read others say similar things about their growth rates and size differance. I dont think smaller ones are any better or worse than big ones, each have their advantages and disadvantages.
smaller ones are probably alot easier to house

day time 34oC ambient and the 2 hot spots are 42oC and 55oC at night i have the hot spots off with the ambient temp down to 31oC

day time 34oC ambient and the 2 hot spots are 42oC and 55oC at night i have the hot spots off with the ambient temp down to 31oC

try uping the hot spot to 70c.

try uping the hot spot to 70c.
cheers i have raise the hot spot hight which has bumped the temps up over the 70oC mark and they still bask there these guys are fire proof.
here is another pic of the big guy just because.

Attachments

• DSC01207.JPG
    DSC01207.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back