spencers monitor poo problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

l222l3rodiel222l

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My spencers monitor has poo stuck in his bum. I am taking him to the vet later today, has anybody had this problem before is so what would cause it and will it be a big problem for the vet?

if you feed on sand....the consumed food could be bound up...to dry to pass through

either way.....
generally by applying a oil base animal friendly ointment....warm beeswax 5grm/almond oil2 drops/chamomile oil 1 drop...mix...to the base of area..this will work its way back
thus enabling the animal to pass it through

dragon lady to the rescue! lol :)

what do u use in your tank? sand? newspaper? turf? how long ago did u feed him?

I do feed him on sand. he is about 5 months old i feed him every 2 or 3 days. last time i fed him was saturday. i wasnt sure if feeding him yesterday would make it worst.

if you feed on sand....the consumed food could be bound up...to dry to pass through

either way.....
generally by applying a oil base animal friendly ointment....warm beeswax 5grm/almond oil2 drops/chamomile oil 1 drop...mix...to the base of area..this will work its way back
thus enabling the animal to pass it through

would it hurt? i put water and that on it but he doesnt like me touching it.

what have u been feeding him when u feed him on sand? is it something that the sand sticks too? also when he goes to the loo is he usually on sand when he does that because if the sand sticks to him and goes back inside him that can be even worse

not being rude.....but you wouldn't like that either eh!

any oil base....even babies amolin../lanolin will work...if wary.......vet asap

pm JasonL...he tiles his enclosures...
ive done the same with my accie

or make sure the area he feeds at is a none sand area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back